Chapter 24

Positive. My heart sank. My whole body felt like lead. My life was over, my parents were going to kill me. I can kiss college goodbye. I can kiss a good life good bye. I sit on the floor and cry for a minute. "Are you okay Yesi?"

"No."

"Let me in." I get up and open the door. Bailey sees my face and sighs. "Positive?" I nod and sink into her embrace. "It's not the end of the world, there's always adoption."

"My mom would never let me." I pull away from Bailey and start to clean up. I throw away the first test and grab the second one. I go to throw it away and it lands right side up, exposing the result. Negative. "Bailey!" She comes back in the bathroom. I carefully grab it and show her. "It says negative! I'm not pregnant."

"Yesi what about the first one?"

"It was wrong I guess!"

"Take the third one just in case."

"You're right I should make sure." Bailey leaves and closes the door. I pee on the third test and wait. I clean up the bathroom and wash my hands. It said to wait three minutes and two have passed. I let Bailey back in and we look at the result together. I flip it over and my heart soars, negative. We both let out a deep breath and hug each other. "I'm not pregnant!"

"I'm happy you aren't but why are you having weird cravings?"

"I dunno. I guess I'm just a weirdo." Bailey laughs and we head to the screening room. We watch a quick movie then go to therapy.

Around 8 I finally get done with everything and crash on my bed. Suddenly I hear a knock on my door. "Come in," I say and in walks Demi. I get up and run to her. She hugs me tightly and I smell her vanilla scent which smells like home to me.

"Did you miss me babe?" I laugh and pull away.

"More than you can imagine. How'd you get in I heard that my dad told them not to let you visit?"

"Let's just say that the receptionist's daughter is a lovatic," Demi said with a wink. We laughed and then sat down on my bed. "So how have you been?"

"Great I really like it here and I already made friends."

"Really?"

"Yeah and one them is exceptionally awesome. Her name is Bailey and she's been such a great friend to me." Demi smiled and reached out for my hand.

"Well if she's nice to you then I already know she's cool." I laughed and asked her how Xfactor was going. "Great everyone is really talented, Wesley and the guys have been doing great too." There was a brief awkward silence before Demi spoke again. "Do you love him?" I pursed my lips and thought for a moment.

"No. I don't think I do. I have a lot of appreciation for Wes and I do genuinely like him, a lot in fact but I don't love him. My feelings for him are nothing compared to what I feel for you Dems." Demi smiled and pushed me back onto my bed. She straddled me and bent down to kiss me. "Demi I can't." She got off and scoffed.

"Why don't you just break up with him already?"

"I haven't really gotten the chance. When he gave me the letter you sent he just looked so sad that I couldn't do it." Demi sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you to do it but I really want us to be together again. Our previous relationship lasted like a day." We both laughed. Demi left around 10 and I went to bed happy. I wasn't pregnant and Demi came to visit my day couldn't have gone better. The next couple of days went by quickly. Bailey was right, therapy sometimes took all day and I didn't have much time to talk to my friends. Except for Bailey, she came to sleepover a couple times. About a week after Demi came to visit Leo stopped by. I was doing school work when he walked in.