Chapter 30

I wake up completely rested and prepared for the day ahead. It's the day before prom and I couldn't be any happier! I may not be very girly but I've always dreamt of slow dancing with someone wrapping their arms around my waist. And thank god that someone is the woman I love! I decided to get a workout in before I got ready so I headed over to the gym. Apparently I wasn't the only one that had the same idea, the gym was packed. The gym is never packed but today it was. Great. I pull my tank up a little higher and the top a little lower to expose more cleavage. Then I let down my hair from its bunned state. I look around the room for a target and spot him on a treadmill. I walk over to him and look at the monitor.

"Wow you're going really fast cutie," I say upbeat and impressed even though I'm not. He stops the treadmill and looks directly at my chest. His eyes grow big then he clears his throat.

"Thanks I-I uh- I like to run."

"Really? So do I it's like the best."

"Mhm," he said still ogling my chest.

I get up on the treadmill next to him and wrap my arms his neck. My boobs are practically in his face at this point and he loves it. Perv.

"I would really, really appreciate it if I could use this treadmill."

"G-go ahe-ed it's all yours," he stuttered. I removed my arms and shoved him off.

"Kay thanks you can go now perv."

I pulled up my shirt and lowered the bottom so my stomach was no longer visible. Then I put my hair back in a bun. The guy looked like he wanted to say something but he didn't. He turned and left. I worked out for an hour then went to eat. As I sat down and ate i realized that everyone had someone to eat lunch with except me, I was alone. Then I think of how much Bailey would've loved Prom. I push the sad thoughts away and walk back to my room. I take a shower and when I come out my mom calls to tell me she's already on her way with some stylists. Personally I think she's a little early but as I walk outside I notice so many people are already getting dolled up. I walk back in and check my clock. It's already 4pm, maybe I should've woken up earlier, or gone to the gym earlier. I shrug and walk over to my nightstand. I open a drawer and bring out the jade necklace. Tonight will be the night I give it to Demi. I can't wait to see what she's wearing. She's going to look absolutely stunning that's for sure. I hear a knock on my door so I put the necklace back in its place. Then I walk to my door and open it, my mom and some stylists all rush in. They quickly sit me down and begin. I feel them pluck my eyebrows, put makeup on, and do my hair. My mom won't let me open my eyes until they're fully done and I'm in my dress. At first they couldn't decide on a look so they wiped off all the make up they'd put on and undid my hair. Then started all over again. After an hour or so they finally finished and my mom escorted me to the bathroom, my eyes still shut of course. I slip into my gown and hear my mom zip it up. She adjusts some things and leads me back out. My mom positions me a certain way and finally tells me I can open my eyes. I open them and gasp. I look drop dead beautiful! My hair is straightened and curled on some ends. The hairdresser has done a wonderful job of styling it and my make up artist is a genius. I don't have very much on which I love. My dress looks even better than it did before. I turn around and see my mom with tears in her eyes. I run to her and hug her.

"I look amazing, I love you so much!" She hugs me tight and then let's go.

"Don't cry sweetie they spent a lot of time on your make up!"

We all giggle and I turn back around to look at myself in the mirror. Then I feel my mom come up behind me and place something around my neck. It's a necklace, the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen. Before I can say anything my mom speaks.