Chapter 20

I kept checking my phone once I could turn it on again. I prayed Demi would call or text or something! Sadly nothing happened. She couldn't have just given up! Ugh! I'm so stupid for thinking she could like me. We're from two separate worlds... God that sounds so cliché but it's true. When I got off the plane I saw my mom and brother waiting for me. I smiled as my brother started running towards me.

He crashed into me and I picked him to squeeze him tightly. "I missed you munchkin," I said giving him a kiss on his forehead.

"I missed you too sissy." My mom approached us and gave me a hug.

"It's good to have you back Yesenia. We missed you very much."

"I missed you guys too." She drove us to our new house and it was surprisingly located in Calabasas.

We pulled up and it was smaller than my dad's in Dallas but still pretty big. Dustin pulled me into the house and showed me his new room. I looked down at him and I couldn't believe I had missed his birthday. He then showed me my room and ,aside from it being bigger, it was exactly how it was before. All my posters and books were here. My bed was made and set up. We went downstairs and helped my mom unpack the rest of our things. Around 6 I decided to take a tour of the city and of LA. I told my mom I'd be back later. She said to be careful and that she needed to talk to me when I got back. Calabasas is pretty quiet and really nice. I drove into the city to check out the classic tourist spots. I've never been to LA. I decided to check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I was taking a picture of George Lopez's star when someone bumped into me and knocked my phone down. It landed with a crash and the screen had broken. "Awesome, this is just what I needed today." I turned around to yell at the person who'd thrown it when he turned around and smiled at me. "Excuse me but you broke my phone."

He looked at the floor, his smile fading, and picked it up.

"Crap I'm sorry. I should've watched where I was going." I took it from his hands and nodded.

"Yeah you should've." I looked at him directly and noticed his beautiful eyes. He had short, floppy brown hair and hazelish eyes. He smiled at me again and chuckled a bit. His smile was incredibly mesmerizing.

"Let me make it up to you over a dinner," he said giving me the puppy dog eyes so I'd say yes. He is really cute. I should move on. What the hell!

"I don't usually go out with a guy I just met let alone a guy I just met who made me break my phone." He laughed again and extended his right hand.

"I'm Wesley, Wesley Stromberg." I shook his hand.

"I'm Yesenia, Yesenia Suàrez-Romero."

"Nice last name, I'm guessing mexican?"

"Close. I'm half mexican half Argentinian. My dad is from Argentina."

"Nice, it's different." I shrugged.

"I guess."

"So about that dinner?"

"I gladly accept the offer but you have to choose because I don't know any places in LA. I just moved to Calabasas today."

"Calabasas? Are you a rich girl?"

"Not really my dad is so he suggested my mom and I move down here."

"Oh well don't worry I have great taste in restaurants." He held out his arm for me to grab onto so I did. I looped my arm around his and we walked to his car. I don't remember being this easy going ever. After a short drive we ended up at a place called Musso & Frank Grill. "Their steaks are incredible. You're not a vegetarian right? Or one of those girls who doesn't eat anything because she's really conscious about her weight?" I let out a nervous chuckle. He had me pinned on the second question.