Chapter 8

I got home and threw my bag on my couch. I jumped in my bed ,clothes and all ,and slept. I woke up and remembered it was Saturday. I was spending the day with Rayne. Awesome. I called her and told her I wasn't feeling well. She said it was fine and wanted me to feel better. Here she was being a good friend and I'm lying just because I'm a lazy fat ass. Ugh well whatever. I got up and took a shower. I was wrapped in a towel and came out of my room when I suddenly realized Demi was sitting on my bed.

"Dafuq Demetria?"

I almost had a heart attack.

"Woah there, hostile much? I just came to talk. I mean you didn't think I bought the whole I was full thing did you?"

She raised an eyebrow at me and laughed a little.

"Two things: A, how do you know where I live and B, I'm kinda naked right now."

"A: my mom has your need to know info such as phone number,address,criminal records,and transcript. B: you're wearing a towel."

"A:thank you for explaining and B: can you just turn around while I change into some clothes." She laughed and turned around.

"Want me to cover my eyes too hun?"

"Ha-ha-ha aren't you a comedian Demi? And hold on I'm just grabbing some undies."

"Awh how cute you still say undies."

"Okay you can turn around again."

I dressed in my light blue v-neck and my skinny jeans.

"You look cute hobbit."

She smiled as her hopped down from my bed and stood next to me.

"You smell nice too!"

"Can we not call me hobbit? Maybe something cool like Yesenia the sexy beast."

"Well only part of that is true."

"I know you thought I was sexy."

I winked at her and she shoved my arm playfully.

"I meant the beast part."

She rolled her eyes and pulled me towards my couch.

"So when are you gonna tell me the truth?"

"The truth?"

I really don't want to talk about it. Maybe if I stall long enough she'll drop it.

"You know. The truth about you throwing up at dinner. I know you made yourself throw up."

Her smile faded. I sat down next to her. She reached for my hand and I let her grab it. 'Don't mistake it for anything else Yesenia. She's just being a good person.' I had to keep reminding myself.

"It's nothing Demi don't worry. "

I pulled my hand back and got up. I walked over to the dresser and looked in the mirror. Was she really this determined to know? Why? Why would she care?

"I know it's not nothing. I've been there remember? Listen you can tell me what's wrong." Why was she so nice?

"Why do you care? You barely know me. It's not going to affect my tutoring madi at all so you don't need to worry." She got up and stood behind me.

"I'm not concerned it will affect madi. I'm worried about you. And I care because if someone had been there for me it would've saved me from doing a lot of terrible things to myself."

She turned me around and her lips were literally only inches away. My heart rate definitely increased and my palms started to sweat. I was so nervous. I think she could sense it too because she stepped back but reached out for my hand. Once again I let her grab it.

"Just tell me what's wrong."

I stepped closer to her and finally told her.

"I want to be skinny. I've tried doing it the right way but it takes to long. I want something quick and easy. I've stopped a little. When I first started I did it at every meal. Then I moved here and stopped a little. Linda makes really healthy food except at breakfast. I told her I was a vegetarian so she doesn't give me any meat anymore. But now whenever I smell meat I throw up. It's kind of a reflex." She just stood in silence for a while.

"Maybe you should stop completely. You know purging can lead to bulimia and anorexia right? I was bulimic because I wanted an easy way to be skinny. It's not worth it sweetie."

She stepped really close to me and gave me a hug. I inhaled her sweet sent of vanilla and honey. I hugged her tight and so did she. We were in this position for a long time. I'm pretty sure we would've stayed this way if Jessica hadn't barged through my door.

"Yesi dad has a surprise for you!!! You're gonna love it!"

We pulled away from each other and Demi smiled. I took her hand and led her downstairs following Jessica. In the living room was Leo, Linda, and Luis with a stack of presents in front of them. Leo saw me holding Demi's hand and raised an eyebrow.

"This is my friend Demi. She's madi's older sister."

They said hi and shook her hand. After she shook their hands she held mine again. And this time Leo looked suspicious. He grabbed one of the presents and said "catch!" I caught it releasing Demi's hand. Smart man.