Chapter 5

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I felt sick to my stomach just smelling it. I got up and went to the bathroom to barf. It smelled disgusting. Thankfully I had my own bathroom and no one could hear me. I got dressed not caring what I wore. Just threw on my jeans and my Sleeping With Sirens tee I bought the other day. I went with a braided ponytail for the day and I had to admit I didn't look completely atrocious. I went down stairs and found that I had a plate with food already. There was bacon, eggs ,ham ,and fruit salad. Why couldn't we just have cereal?

"Thanks Linda but I'm a vegetarian(such a lie I just didn't want to eat any meat this morning) sorry."

"It's okay just eat a lot of fruit salad and toast honey."

She was so nice and here I am lying just because I didn't want to eat bacon.

"Thanks."

After we all ate Luis said I had to drive because he had crashed his car the week before.

"Okay but I warn you I'm a bad driver."

He laughed."it's okay don't worry."

We drove in silence except for the occasional small talk. Luis told me where to park and I saw that the school was pretty nice. He showed me to all my classes before the bell rang. He was only a sophomore so I didn't have any classes with him. I was like Cadey Heron from mean girls. I was the new girl and on top of that ,fat. I walked into my first class and the teacher gave me my assigned seat. Thank god none of my teachers made me introduce myself. At lunch I sat down with Luis and his friends. All they talked about was sports, girls, and sports. I was being oblivious to their conversation and just wondering when I'd make a friend. I was extremely happy when I got to my English class at the end of the day. I loved English. I loved writing and reading. The teacher asked me to stay a bit after class. When the bell rang I went up to her desk and asked if I'd done something wrong.

"No you've done nothing wrong sweetie. I've seen your transcript and your English grade is phenomenal! Your previous teacher said you were an amazing writer and easily handled the class."

"Thank you miss De La Garza. I'm honestly not all that great I just love English."

"Listen. I have a niece named Madison. She struggles a lot in English and I've been trying to find her a tutor. You're the perfect fit and I was wondering if you could tutor her after school? You'd be paid of course."

Well it wasn't like I had plans or friends to hang out with. And I would be earning money so I wouldn't rely on Leo all the time. It seemed like a good job.

"Okay Mrs. De La Garza I'll take the job. Just tell me when where and what she needs help in most."

She smiled and handed me a paper with all the girl's information.

"How are you in math and science?"

"Pretty good in both. I had an A- in math which was calculus and an A+ in my physics class."

"Good because she needs some help in those areas too. You can start tomorrow after school. Just go to the address I'll tell them your going."

"Okay well thank you! Good bye."

I walked out of the room pretty happy. I didn't have any friends but I had a job. Luis was waiting for me outside near my car."what took you so long sis? Get lost?" He laughed and I punched him playfully.

"Nope I got a job."

Leo thought it was a pretty good idea to keep me busy. The next day after school I dropped off Luis at home and drove to the address I was given. I knocked on the front door and as it opened I realized who I was about to tutor. Madison De La Garza.