Chapter 22 - Mixed Up Feelings

Cassie's POV

Marla is crying in Harry's sleeve as they bury her sister. Tears flowed down my cheek. I do not even know why I am crying. I was not even close to her but here I am crying. I felt Niall rubbing my shoulder for comfort.

The week passed so quickly! With Marla watching her sister dying and having nightmares about it, I had to be comforting her throughout the week. Also, receiving word that One Direction are going to be on tour soon which means Marla and I do not have much time with the band. I really am gonna miss them.

I did not go to the airport to say goodbye to the band. I felt something bad was going to happen soon. I gave all my far wells for Marla to deliver.

I lay in my bedroom just staring at the ceiling when my phone rang. I picked it up and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello. Cassie?"

I recognised that voice anywhere. It was Niall. Someone I have been avoiding all week except for yesterday which was the funeral.

"Oh Hi Niall."

"Oh hi Niall? What has gotten into you Cassie? Why have you been avoiding me? I am not a disease! Did I do something wrong?"

No Niall. It is not you. It's me. I just have mixed up feelings that you wouldn't understand.

That is what I should of said but I ended up saying, "No. You have not done anything wrong Niall. I just have been stressed out this week. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Cass. I hope you will be alright as I am away. Be safe my kitty cat!"

"I will Nialler. I'll miss you so much. Have a nice trip!"

"I will Bye!"

And then I hanged up. Too much pain was breaking my barriers. My love for Niall being weighed by my love for Max. Yeah. You heard me right. My ex-boyfriend. This is what happened.

Flashback

"Max. This better be good. I did not drive all the way to your house just to talk to you. What's wrong?" I asked him, worried.

"Come in and I will tell you all."

I walked into his grande mansion. He ushered me to the living room and had some tea and chocolate cookies laid out on the centre table.

I sat on the couch and he said next to me.

"So. Why am I here?"

"Well....I needed a friend with me at this moment and one who I trust and you came to mind. My mom.....well.....you see.....she has lung cancer and doctors say that in less than a week she can be dead. I am so angry that I was not paying much attention to my mother."

"Don't be angry with yourself. You did not know. Besides be with her instead of being annoyed with yourself."

"But. But. But I always break down in front of her anytime I see her."

He started to cry and I took this opportunity to wrap him with a warm hug. I know what is like to losing someone you love. I lifted his head so he would be looking at me in the eyes. Max has such beautiful eyes. Cassie. Snap out of it! You are dating Niall.

Kiss him. What harm will that do? My conscience tells me.

And I did. I leaned close to him and pecked his lips. He was shocked by my actions. Even I was. And I did it again. But this time, I kissed him. Passionately. Max kissed me back as our tongues collided.