+3

->warning for gentle, squeamish, Marshmallows (like me, tbh) <-

-

Screeching, high pitched whine.

That's what I heard when I walked outside. A reaction to what I saw. Which wasn't much, there was already a crowd gathering, everyone who was ever taller then me ever seemed to gather in the front. All of them asking different questions, so many different voices all at once, it was like a bombardment of images flashing in front of my eyes.

The scene itself, the little of it that I had actually seen, was blood, fire. I wish I'd never gone outside, I wish I could erase the sight, the sound.

"Call an ambulance!" Someone shouted from the crowd. There couldn't be an absence of phones, everyone was just too dumb struck.

Myself included, though I'd thrown my phone on the desk before running out, so I was no help.

At that moment, 911 must have been flooded with calls, because it seemed like everyone around him pulled out their phone. At least they did, if they weren't already taking video with it.

How soulless could you be? Taking a video when someone was hurt? When there was a car accident and someone could be dying?

But they moved just enough for me to get a better glimpse of what was going on. The car had completely flipped over, at least one of them had, the other one, had driven up--or maybe was forced from the impact up onto the curb only stopping when crashing into a light-post. Though the light-post basically fell over, ripping up part of the ground and a bit of sidewalk with it.

The driver from that car had already gotten out, and was standing next to it, running a hand through his hair, And looking over the scene, before going over to the other car.

The other driver hadn't gotten out. Blood leaking from the car out the open window, and pooling on the asphalt, the underside of the black Honda Accord was catching fire.

Right around then, I realized how familiar that model of car was, how I used to see it driving away every morning, before breakfast, how often I'd waiting for it to pull into the driveway with a familiar rev of the engine. All those times I used to sit in the backseat, closing my eyes, listening to music playing over the radio.

"Mom..." I whispered. I couldn't be right, that couldn't be...it had to be some other car. I pushed to the front of the crowd absently so I could get a glimpse of the license plate. I got yelled at for the pushing, but I had to know, I didn't care. The Screeching sound wouldn't go away.

I knew the license plate number, I'd seen it a million times.

I blinked, hearing an ambulance, bright orange.  "Wait! That's...That's My Mom!" I said, running over to the car.

---

a/n: 미안해 >.<