+34

"You want to hold my hand maybe?" Soonyoung asked.

I could tell he was being serious, that he didn't mean anything but to try and make me feel more comfortable, but knowing about how he felt about me just made it increasingly awkward.

I looked up at him, "No...! Soonyoung, I'm not a baby, just...just..." I swallowed. "I just wanted you to know, you don't have to do all that."

"Woozi, I didn't mean it like that, but if it's that serious, I don't want to accidentally lose you when people start showing up--."

"No!"

I want you to though, I just don't want everyone to look. I looked away, opening the nearest car door and climbing out of the car. The look on Soonyoung's face was like a soft beat, like butterflies wings right in my ear. The sound was something I'd never really heard before, and I wasn't sure how to deal with it.

I walked out, feeling somewhat bad for just leaving Soonyoung after saying something so borderline rude to him. I hoped he didn't take it the wrong way. I was just...scared.

Scared of myself, scared of what I'd do, scared of everyone else. I hoped Soonyoung would keep his word. As much of an idiot he was, he should keep a promise.

"Hoshi!" 'Coups' yelled, carrying a pack of soda. "Lazy bum, get out of the car and help me carry sh*t!"

I walked passed 'Coups', though I could have helped him carry stuff too, I wanted to just go, just be away from them for a second, so I went right into the house behind him.

The 'house' was more like a mansion, the outside of it being the most pristine white I'd seen in a long time, the color reminding me of a guitar chord, the sight was something I didn't take in for long at all before I went into the house.

Inside was big, and empty. I assumed the Party wasn't quite started yet and we were a bit early, more than probably on purpose judging by the stuff 'Coups' wanted Soonyoung to help him bring in.

It wasn't long before I stumbled upon the other actors in the play--Soonyoung's friends,all sitting in what looked like the living room. The couches were set up in a half circle, and half of them were just laying around, either on the floor or on the couch.

One of them smiled big when he saw me, his eyes smiling just as much as his mouth. "Hey, I know you!" He looked to the guy next to him, Vernon and nudged him. "Right? Hoshi's crus--."

Vernon elbowed him hard, than said through his teeth, "On the down-low, Maknae. Keep it quiet." Something I barely heard and probably wasn't meant to hear. Than Vernon cleared his throat, "You're just in time though, you caught the last bit of the calm."

I frowned, trying to ignore that whole thing about me being Soonyoung's crush. "Calm?"

Joshua nodded, with a bit of visible pity, "Yeah, in a minute everyone will be here and we...probably won't be able to hear each other enough to have pleasant conversation." He paused for a second, as if in a moment of silence for the soon-to-be-lost peace. "And let's all pray that Seungkwan stays out of the drinks and away from pools and improvised flotation devices this time and avoid calls to the hospital." Joshua closed his eyes and bowed his head, looking like he was actually praying.

Seungkwan looked appalled. "Oh, ha ha, Me? I'd never."

"You did. This is past tense, Boo." Jeonghan said, poking Seungkwan's cheek.

They'd started to ignore me, just going on about whatever had happened last time. Soonyoung's friends were already enough noise for me. I wasn't going to be able to handle this party, I'd have to be careful, and I mean very careful if I was going to survive tonight.

It almost felt like it was too late to back out. I just had to hope I kept my sh*t together. Maybe pray like Joshua that everything would go okay.

Because I wanted to be here. I wanted to be around Hoshi and his friends. Maybe I wanted friends.

---