+36

Soonyoung led me upstairs, looking for Seokmin, Seungkwan and Junwui. It was quieter upstairs, the music still audible, but far enough away that it wasn't right in my ear and the confusion was less than it was before.

More then that, looking down, I could see Soonyoung holding my hand, his palms were warm and his fingers were intertwined with mine, and... I liked it. No one was looking, so I could just enjoy it, I didn't want Soonyoung to know I enjoyed it, but either way, I wasn't going to pull away.

After a bit of walking around upstairs, Soonyoung called their names, him yelling looking like a deep orange, like a Bengal tiger, and i saw it over every mix of background color I had in my mind from the music I could still faintly hear from downstairs.

I closed my eyes to enjoy it. I liked Soonyoung's voice. Every color it produced was different in it's own way. It was like music, it looked like music, if I tried to remember every bit of his voice, the faint whispers made such beautiful colors.

"Jihoon!"

I opened my eyes, finding Soonyoung looking at me confused.

"You look like you're enjoying something way too much, you're kind of scaring me." Soonyoung said, frowning at me.

I shook my head, "Yeah, I was having a nice time until you messed it up, thanks."

"You're welcome." Soonyoung said, smiling. "Is it just me or should we have heard from them by now?"

I tilted my head, "I don't know, this place is big, they could be anywhere."

Soonyoung shook his head slow, his eyes widening, "Not really, we're only allowed in certain places, a lot of it is off limits, a lot of the doors are locked because we all know how Seungkwan can be, we should have found them or at least heard them by now, I think--."

Then I heard a scream, and I'm sure Hoshi did too, and he turned away from me and toward the noise.

"Right on time." Soonyoung mumbled before pulling me toward the noise, which appeared to be down the hall, through a door to the left.

Upon entering, Soonyoung immediately let go of my hand, rushing into the room and toward the window where Seungkwan was sitting on the ledge of the open window, bottle of liquor in hand, teeter-tottering back and forth and singing softly to himself.

I didn't know what to do, how to react, the mix of Soonyoung talking and Seungkwan singing nonsensically was something I was still trying to figure out, and as Soonyoung pulled at Seungkwan to get him out of the window, I just stood by the door.

"HEY, Hosh, decided to join the party!"

Only after falling forwards and onto my hands and knees did I look up to see Seokmin grinning from the doorway. Even from here, I could smell the liquor on his breath, and the sound his appearance made didn't seem right, it was jagged, not a smooth sound like I usually got from people.

"I'm not joining this f*cking immature 'party', would you help me pull Seungkwan in, for--!?"

I'm not sure which it was, a simple noise maker, or a airhorn, but midway I covered my ears, the colors drowning out my vision even after that, my hands not able to completely drown out the sound.

I could still hear it, I could still see it, but I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was what I was actually seeing, or what I was hearing was what I was actually hearing. And I was scared. Something like terror was starting to creep into my mind, and I couldn't stop it.

"H-Hoshi!" I yelled, hoping he would understand. He had to.

The pounding beat in he background, the airhorn or whatever the fuck it was in the foreground along with Soonyoung yelling at Seokmin to stop, Seungkwan's nonsensical drunk singing. and then the visuals, everyone moving so much, all the different expressions, different movements. I closed my eyes, but I had a feeling it was too late.

I was already overloaded, it was already too much.

"S-Soony-young!" I said, curling up and covering my ears while also closing my eyes tight. "H-help!"

I could hear Soonyoung still, faintly, like a mumble, "Stop blasting that goddamn thing and help! Can't you see how much you're hurting Jihoon? Get your drunk ass together help me pull in Seungkwan before he f*cking falls to his death!"

After that, I didn't listen, or I tried not to, concentrating on any one thing hurt too much, I just laid back onto the floor and tried to shut out the colors, the sounds, the shapes, everything.

But it didn't work. I'd never been able to shut them out. I couldn't shut them out. There was nothing I could do.

---