+35

When they started the music, way too loud, way too much, it was fine. The volume didn't matter, it was the amount of different noises. The music itself made splashes of colors and shapes in my head, and that alone felt like enough. I didn't need more, I wasn't sure how much extra I could take, with that, and everyone in the room, each reminding me of a different sound, it almost gave me a headache.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looking over it, I saw Soonyoung smiling at me. He might have said something, I didn't quite hear over the music and everything.

Under any other circumstance, I might have asked him to move his hand from my shoulder, but I liked the comfort it gave, the warmth from it felt nice, and comforting and since I didn't confuse touch, it was direct.

Some part of me wanted to turn around and hug him, but this was in public, I couldn't do that. And that'd probably confuse him and on top of that make me look like a little kid, and really, I was pretty sure, I was older than quite a few of Soonyoung's friends.

Lots of people had showed up, Joshua was right, friends, and girlfriends, and who knows how many other people, some dancing, others sitting and eating or drinking what was set out, but I honestly doubted anyone sitting inside was having a conversation with the music being as loud as it was.

Looking around, I didn't see that many of Soonyoung's friends, only spotting Joshua, Seungkwan, the other kid who'd blurted about Soonyoung's crush--Chan, or 'Dino', I found out his name was-- and Wonwoo. The others had disappeared.

Soonyoung leaned toward me, giving my ear a tickle with his breath and his voice. "You want to dance?"

Of course Soonyoung would want to dance, he loved dancing.

"No, not right now, but punch would be great." I said.

Soonyoung leaned in closer to me. "What?"

He must not have heard me other the music, and I couldn't blame him, because I hadn't even heard myself say any of that. He put his face so close to mine, angling his ear toward me to hear better, I wondered how, if he had a crush on me, that he'd gotten so close to me, until I noticed the slight pink by his ears and cheeks.

I leaned in toward his ear a little. "No dancing right now, I just want punch."

Soonyoung backed away a bit, nodding and mouthing what looked like 'ok' while he made the ok sign with his fingers. He pointed over to a table across over by a doorway that looked like
 what might be the kitchen.

Before he could even take a step in that direction,  one of his friends, the tall one, Mingyu, grabbed him. It looked like they exchanged a few words and Soonyoung came away looking concerned.

He's going to leave me. I couldn't help but think it, it looked like Mingyu needed him for something, and it didn't seem like it was trivial judging by the sounds their body gestures were translating into in my head.

But Soonyoung didn't. He shook his head, gestured to me, and kept continued walking with me to the snack table.

Since the music didn't seem as loud. I tapped him on the shoulder as he was filling a plastic cup with punch. "What did he want?" I yelled a little over the music, but probably yelled louder than I needed to trying to account for all the background noise only I could hear.

Soonyoung shrugged, not looking at me. "They can't find Seokmin, Seungkwan, or Junwui." He yelled back.

"What's wrong with that?"

"Seungkwan takes things too far when he gets drunk, and they like playing a drinking game."

I looked down at the floor, frowning. "Then can't we both look for them...? Together?" I said, reluctantly bringing up the idea. It sounded a little...mushy.

Soonyoung looked up, surprised at first, then his face lit up with a smile. A peach colored smile that sent a rush of warmth through my heart.  "I was hoping you'd ask, WooWoo."

"I will kill you."

---

a/n:

that right there is my favorite gif of hoshi, please enjoy~~ Because Hoshi's birthday and everything~~  but seriously...he looks beautiful I-- O_O"

~neri~