+33

The whole car ride, Soonyoung's friend played loud country music.

I recognized his friend from the time he'd invited them all to my house, but I don't really remember his name, though Soonyoung kept calling him 'Coups' but I doubt that could be his actual name.

'Coups' was very excited about this party, talking about how great opening night would be, and how he'd already bought flowers for people and that there was going to be cake and ice cream and punch, and maybe a little beer.

I sat in the back seat just closing my eyes and listening, letting the colors and shapes wash over so I could try to get myself as calm as possible before it became sensory overload-- literally.

After a while I felt the car stop, the engine cutting out and doors being opened. The party wasn't that afar, I guess, but I wanted a long ride to prepare, so it kinda sucked for me that the ride was so short. No I sure as hell wasn't ready to deal with all the noise.

"Woozi, you cool, man?" Soonyoung asked, having opened the backseat door opposite of where I was sitting.

I swallowed, opening my eyes and looking up at him. "I'm fine."

Soonyoung looked out toward the back of the car, probably seeing where 'Coups' went, than he peeked back in the car, and sat next to me, closing the door after him. The proximity wasn't really that close, in reality, Soonyoung was sitting a seat over, but it still made me swallow, wondering why he'd closed the door.

"Jihoon, you look like you're going to throw up, you're not fine." Soonyoung said, looking me staright in the eyes, his tone like a sky tinted with an incoming storm.

I bit my lip. Maybe if he understood, should it happen, he could help. Soonyoung was the only one I really trusted. Though he was an idiot, though he was a little too excited most of the time. I trusted him, and some part of me thought maybe he'd help me should anything happen, that he wouldn't get scared.

"You know I have Synesthesia, right?" I asked, looking back at him.

He nodded a little. "Yeah..."

"It's something that confuses sight and sound, you got that, right?"

Soonyoung nodded again. "Uh huh..."

"Things like parties...They have so much going on at once, sometimes I get confused, and sometimes I'll...panic. And If I panic..." I sighed. "If I panic--."

"I'll help you." Soonyoung said. "If it happens, I'll be there, okay? I'll help you."

My heart skipped, and for a moment, my stomach was full of butterflies. "You will?"

"Woozi, of course I will, bro, I promise. I won't leave you, I'll stay by you the whole time if you want." Soonyoung smiled a little. "We're friends, right? What else are friends for?"

I nodded slowly. Friends. Right. That's what I wanted before. "Hoe, you promise?"

Soonyoung laughed. "I promise, WooWoo"

---

a/n

whyyyyyyy is thisss cute thoooo i need to sit dowwwn