Chapter Five

I hardly ever cry. I never found a reason to, but for some reason, this was a huge deal for me, and I guess I thought I needed to cry for it. It's like all them tears I had kept inside had fnally come out and they wouldn't freaking stop!

I'm still lying in that same place, my eyes closed tightly, but that doesn't stop the tears. They are coming down just as fast. As I'm lying there, I feeling warm, wet strokes across my face. Is that Jinx? No, he wouldn't come back... or lick like a dog. A dog... Wait! It's ginger! I open my eyes and smile slightly.

there is Ginger, practically laying on me, licking my face off. I chuckle, pushing her out of the way and sitting up. "You know girl, you are my only friend! Isn't that a privilege?" I chatter, picking her up.

"Yes yes, you could never betray me, no matter what you do! Because if i never for gave you, now who would be my friend?" I thought for the 5th time for how ridiculously stupid I was. I exhaled slowly and dusted myself off.

I laughed as the tears finally stopped. "Who could have known a silly little dog like you could cheer me up?" I said as Ginger jumped up on my leg, signalling me to pick her up.

I did so and hugged her tightly. It doesn't matter anymore. That kiss didn't matter. I just have to forget him and move on, I thought as I plopped the small dog on the groundd and walked calmly back to my camp, slightly sniffing as I walked along.

LATER... 

I sat around my small, handmade fire, rubbing my hands over it to keep them warm, as well as cooking some berries, a chicken and some other things to make a soup.

It was rare to find things like chickens out here, but it was a great help to forget about Jinx and that kiss.

Ginger walked around siffing aimlessly so I kind of ignored her, not really carig at the moment. 

I really wanted to forget about today, but there was no way i could! I mean, my first visitor, crush and kiss all came today! Forget about making soup! I should be making a time machine to go back to that moment so that it never happened!

You know, I can understand why you would want to forget today. I mean, Jinx had no rights to let you kiss him. But then again, you were the one that leaned in..." A voice said behind me. 

My eyes widened and I spun around to see Ginger sitting there. Her eyes were red instead of their usual dark brown. The voice wasn't really familar, but it still kind of rung a bell. I screamed loudly as I backed up, ony to knock over the pot and make the fire spread across the grass and burn my hand a little.

I winced as I jumped up, stampng across the firey grass as I shook my hand violently. I must admit, II probably looked like a deranged idiot.

"Oh god, sorry Atty! I must admit, this probably wasn't the best way to talk to you... Here. Let me help a little with that burn," she/he said as Giinger trotted over to me.

I cautiously bent down to her/he as the dog started slowly licking my hand. It was surpringly soothing, until I remembered how I got the burn in the first place.

"Stop that!" I cried. "Speaking of which, Ginger, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING TO ME!?" 

"It's a really long story and I will explain about it later. I am not Ginger though, but you know, still call me Ginger so that she can stay alert!" Ginger explained quickly.

"Why are you talking about yourself in the third person?" I asked blankly, my left eyebrow raised.

She/he let out  frustrated sigh. "I'm not Ginger!! You know what, forget it for the moment. Just call me Ginger, but know that I'm not." I nodded slowly.

Okay, I've got to be dreaming! If this isn't a dream, than I will seriously consider running back into town to say hi to my parents. I thought, as i death-stared my dog while it stared back with a weird smirk on it's face. Weird, Who would've known a dog can smirk.

"Then do it," Ginger simply demanded.

"Do what? I never said anything!"

Ginger sighed. "This is not a dream Atalanta! And you said, that if it isn't a dream you will seriously consider running back into town to say hi to your parents!" She growled.

"What? But i didn't say that! It's what i THOUGHT!" i was feeling so bewildered.

"You did? Oh um... I-i thought you said it!" Ginger protested. "I-"

"IS THERE SOETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT ME WHERE MY THOUGHTS ARE DISPLAYED IN BOLD ACROSS MY FORHEAD, BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO READ MY MIND LATELY!" I shreiked before Ginger came up to me and lightly scratched me across the face.

"Oww! What the hell, 'Ginger'?" I shouted as I put my hand on the scratch. 

"I'm sorry! I just need you to calm down! I know it's weird, but please, just listen to me! I have something very important to say!" Ginger claimed.

"And if I say no?" I asked stubbornly as I crossed my arms and smirked.

"Please listen to me!" Ginger pleaded.

"Why should I? You're the one who came and you know, apparently took over my dog!" I growled.

"It's the only way so that I wouldn't get in trouble!" He retorted.

"I....HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!" I shouted.

The dog shook her head. "Please, just listen." 

I knew I was gong to have to give in at some point, so why waste the time. "Fine, spill it." 

AUTHORS NOTE: can everyone please tell me what they think it is? If you guess correctly, i will dedicate the next chapter to you!