Chapter Twenty-Two

Jinx's eyes widened as he held out his arms, trying to get a grasp on me as the Wild dragged him off. I quickly swiped out my dagger and with my free hand, I gripped his wrist. I stood up and tried to pull him up too, but the Wild kept him down.

"Let go! Now!" Jinx shouted. I did as he said and the Wild fell backwards, his hands still tightly clutching Jinx's shoulders. Jinx grabbed out the battle axe and started swinging it behind him, but the Wild was skilled and easily grabbed it, ripping it out of Jinx's hold.

I dived under Jinx's legs and stabbed the Wild's bare foot. He roared loudly, dropping the axe and took one hand off Jinx's shoulder, pulling Jinx onto the ground as the Wild scraped his claws across my cheek and all the way down to my chin.

I cried out in agony and caressed my cheek. The Wild grabbed a sword from his waist and tried to slash it at my forehead but I rolled across to the side. The Wild growled and instead, slit the sword across the back of Jinx's neck.Jinx shouted out and struggled to get away, but the Wild's grip was like steel. 

My vision blurred as my eyes filled with white-hot fury. I stabbed my dagger into the back of his knee but sadly since the dagger was blunt, it wasn't as effective as I wanted it to be.

Even still, blood poured out and the Wild spread himself across the ground, finally letting go of Jinx. Jinx instantly scrambled away, the wound on the back of his neck pouring blood faster than Niagara Falls. I started running after him but the Wild stuck out his foot, tripping me over.

He sat up and put me in a head lock, my throat closing up. I started choking as I fumbled with his arm. I started to panic and kicked him in the leg, hard.

His arm softened against my throat and I gasped for breath, until his clasp tightened on again and I stopped breathing. My vision started filling up with white spots, but I could just make out Jinx running towards me.

I can't believe this is how I'm going to die. I thought. By letting a Wild choke me and I'm just standing here while he does it! My legs fell from under me and my eyes rolled back into my head. 

"I love you Jinx!" I croaked out in a whisper. I had no idea if he heard but I had to get them out. I was jerked backwards, the Wild's arm still across my throat, but my legs buckled as I slipped down onto the ground.

I did my best to try and get his arm off, but from the lack of air it was harder than ever. I didn't know why I hadn't blacked out but I knew if I did, I would either die or slip into a coma, neither one a good option.

Suddenly, the Wild's arm relaxed instantly and I slipped out onto the ground. My eyes rolled back into place as I started coughing uncontrollably, gasping and sobbing. Two strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist and I held them tightly.

"Obviously I love you too!" I heard Jinx whisper in my ear before I relaxed and slipped out.

***

My eyes fluttered open and I found myself in the fetal position on the floor. I sat up and looked around. We were in a different place in the forest, Jinx sitting on a large stump cross-legged, looking over me and eating a plum.

"Well it's nice to see you awake!" My throat ached.

"Hey. How long have I been asleep? What happened with the Wild?" I asked.

Jinx grinned and threw his plum behind him, sitting down next to me. "Ooh I wanted to explain this! Okay, so when he let me go I ran off, not realising he had tripped you. When I realised you weren't behind my I went back and you looked horrible, your eyes wide and your face blue!" 

He started moving his eyebrows until he saw my unimpressed face, then he continued. "Anyway, I ran behind the Wild and tried to pry him off you, but that didn't work and you were getting worse by the second I was really surprised you weren't on that long! So, I- get this- got my battle axe and brought his down on his head. He froze, most likely instantly dead, and you fell to the ground, coughing and sobbing. I grabbed the Wild's sword and went over to you! Your welcome." He explained.

I felt my cheek, where I found a sticky strip of paper across the wound. "And what about your neck and my cheek?" 

He smiled cheekily. "Okay well once you fell asleep, I found the Wild had a weird looking bag! Inside was a bunch of stuff he found, but most of it was useless, but some of the things inside were sap, a butter knife and some paper! So I put a thin strip of sap on the paper and put it on your cheek and my neck, to stop the blood! Oh, and you've been asleep for a few hours."

I nodded. "Well thank you for saving me," I said simply.

He nodded. "Well to be truthful, you did save me first!" 

He put a massive grin on his face. "Look!" He pulled the Wild's sword from behind him. "I kept it for you!" He shoved it into my hands and I stared at it in admiration.

"Thank you so much," I said under my breath. "So where are we anyway?"

He shrugged. "When I ran I wasn't really watching. I know we are on the other side of the forest of the clearing, but I don't know how deep in. Are you up for checking at the moment?" 

I nodded an stood up. "Lets go." He stood up and just as he was about to start walking, I put my arm in front on him so that his chest bumped into it. "Wait, I forgot to do something," and I leaned in and kissed him and- thank god- he kissed me back.

Most of me was loving the moment and didn't want it to go, but a small part was saying tht I shouldn't, with him being a Vampire and all. I ignored what the small section was saying and injoyed the moment with all my heart.

He ended up breaking away, a massive smile plastered across his face. I giggled and grabbed his hand. "Come on, lets go!" I said as I pulled him along.

It wasn't at all hard to find the bonfire again. Jinx took me in the direction he came from and it only took 5 minutes to find the clearing.

"Oh crap," I whispered as I looked in the clearing. Two Wilds were going head to head beside the bonfire. One had a spear and the other had a set of bow and arrows, but they were stringed over his back. He was only using his hands to fight the other but was still winning

"I have to have that bow," Jinx said under his breath. I spun around to face him.

"What?" I asked.

"In training we used all weapons and my favourite by far was the bow and arrows. I NEED his!" 

"We'll find a way to get them. We seem to have luck on our side!" I replied, grinning. Jinx took out his axe and I gripped my sword as we ran into the battle.

A/N: Thank you for reading! Now I had the BEST idea and I want to know what you think! I have this story all planned out and it's nearly done but I was thinking of doing another book to it afterwards! I know what it would be about and everything (but that information is classified) so say what you think of it!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS BOOK! PLEEEAAAASSSE!

AND FOR ALL YOU LAZY BUTTS PLEASE ACTUALLY READ THIS A/N!