Chapter Twenty-Five

Rysk and Jagger quickly led us into a large room a few doors down but even though it was big, it was crowded right up to the brim with all the humans and a handful of the Grooms. As we stepped through the door, all eyes turned to us.

"This is Atalanta and Jinx! These are the ones that gave us this idea that we told you about!" Jagger announced as she shuffled us through the crowd. Some people gave us a friendly smile while others glared at us, and stared at our hands which were holding each others tightly.

I hadn't seen it when we first walked through the door, but at the back of the room was a small stage that Jagger and Rysk brought us onto, taking us to one of the corners, Grooms and humans watching us cautiously.

"Okay, so here's what's going to happen," Rysk started as he sat us down on a small block. "We'll walk into the meeting with you two right behind us, the others following a good distance behind. You will come and stand next to us when we get to the end of the table when we explain what we want. Are you two following?" Jinx and I nodded.

"By that time, all of the others should have gotten inside," Jagger butted in, pointing to the huge crowd of humans and Grooms behind us. "We then want you two to say about how you got here, but leave out that he went into visiblility because he loved you. Say about how it's unfair that mortals just have to get involved and that the rule is actually stupid. Now, he aren't going to be one of them people that tell you to lie and say what we want. You will both say your true feeling on it, butt juust leave out the lovey dovey stuff. Do you understand?"

"It's okay, we've got it," Jinx said and I nodded in agreement. "Is there anything else?"

Rysk then replys, "Once that is done we'll demand them to make changes and that no one will leave until they do. Once they finally give us what we want, a lot of stuff will happen, so we will tell you what to do. Just remember to say your feelings on it." Jinx nodded but I still had one question.

"So... if we are the only ones talking, what are all of them doing here?" I ask, gesturing to the crowd.

"Trust me, there are some reasons that they are here for that you don't need to know," Rysk chuckles. I open my mouth to protest until I see his look saying that nothing will be said.

He smiles. "We have to go to one quick thing before the meeting starts so... just mingle with the crowd until we come back," and with that they were out the door.

I bit my lip and looked at Jinx who looked at me with a warning look. The crowd was still all looking at us and we stood up as I gently untangled my hand from Jinx's and walked to the edge of the stage and looked around. I wanted to see if Kyu was here, but sadly I couldn't see her. I knew everyone would think I was crazy, but I didn't care.

"Kyu?" I called out, with nothing in return excpt for a few murmering voices. My cheeks turned a deep shade of red as I slipped off the stage and onto the floor. Jinx stayed put on the stage and gave him a look tht I was going off into the crowd and he gave me a frightened look that I ignored and walked through.

They seemed to make way for me, but I didn't want to. I also didn't know what I was looking for exactly. Everyone looked quite frightened of me and actually, I was fed up with it.

I stopped in place and everyone froze. "You know, I'm not scary." No one moved. "I'm just like any of you humans around here who got sucked into this mess. I'm not any different. I made it up here and spoke what you all wanted to! I'm not much stronger than you humans and won't hurt anyone in here!"

Everyone seemed to relax and started whispered positive-looking thoughts to each other. I looked a few smiling faces in the eye and smiled back. I gave two little Groom girls a grin and they giggled.