Chapter 1

Y/N'S POV

  Nothing said getting up early like having a job. Jobs, you couldn't do without them. I worked for the Gotham Newspaper. It wasn't that bad, but people were quick to judge my intentions. I never let them have the satisfaction, so I pushed myself as much as I could every day.
  Right now, I was sitting at my desk and working on my latest assignment. My assignment was about the recent bank robberies that had been going on for a few weeks now. Maybe I should tell Batman about this...He could help me on this assignment.

  Yeah, he saved my life from the Riddler a few months ago. I was walking down the street, when some guys cornered me. They demanded I go with them, but I objected. They drugged me, before I woke up in a chair. It was scary at first, but I found out I was just being held hostage by Riddler. With that, I saved my freight for someone more terrifying.

  I grew annoyed with Riddler's riddles and thanked God when Batman jumped in. Ever since then, Batman chose to stop by and check on me from time to time.
  While I was trying to figure out how I was going to get Batman to help me out, someone stopped in front of my desk.

  That someone was the one and only, Vicki Vale.

  I rolled my eyes and said,"What, Vicki?"

  She chuckled and said,"You don't like me, honey? Yeah, I don't like you either. Do you think you are just better than me, because Batman knows you?"

  I shook my head and smirked saying,"No, but you are just mad because he answers my questions. Not yours. Batman always dodges your questions, so yeah I feel special.."

  Vicki rolled her eyes and she went to say something, but I just walked off.

  My boss stopped me and said,"Y/N, may I have a word with you?"

  I nodded and said,"Sure, Mr. Smith."

  Mr. Smith led me inside his office, and I prayed he did not hear what I said to Vicki. He must have noticed my facial expression, because he sent me an odd look. I waved it off and he motioned down to the available chair. So, I immediately sat down in it.

  Mr. Smith cleared his throat and said,"Y/N, you are one of my best workers here.."

  Oh no, here it comes... Fired already. I haven't even been here for a year.

  I sighed, and he gave me a confused look.

  Mr. Smith then went on to say,"And now, I am gonna reward you for it. Prove to me why I chose you.."

  Mr. Smith walked over to me and handed me a picture frame. I looked at the picture inside and examined it. It was a picture of Bruce Wayne.

  I blushed immediately, before Mr. Smith chuckled saying,"Your assignment is to interview Mr. Wayne. Mr. Wayne knows you are going to be interviewing him, because I told him just how good you are. He seems very delighted to have you as his interviewer.."

  I squealed and yelled,"BRUCE WAYNE LIKES MY ARTICLES!! OH MY GOSH!!"

  Mr. Smith smiled and said,"Yeah, it appears so. Plus, it will be a nice break for you. You've earned it, Y/N."

  I smiled and thanked Mr. Smith, before he motioned for me to leave. Feeling over the moon, I did leave.
  Once I left out of his office, I immediately did a happy dance. When I turned around, everyone stared at me. I just continued my dance, because I felt good and no one was going to ruin that for me.

  I grabbed my things from my desk and made sure I had my keys with me, because I had a bad habit of losing them fast. Like Flash, lol? No...Okay, then.
  I just smiled to myself, finally feeling like I had received something. Something useful. Something that could show everyone that I was so much better and different than other writers out there. What better way to do that than to come up with questions for Mr. Wayne himself?

  I had to remind myself that this was The Bruce Wayne we were talking about, so I should be careful about what I asked him, too. I may have been a writer, but I had to take on multiple criteria at the same time.
  This was something I was going to have to think long and hard for. Bruce Wayne was a big deal in Gotham, and I was responsible for his interview. I was responsible for making the Gotham Newspaper look good.

  When I made it home, I immediately showered and changed into some comfortable pajamas. I knew I was going to be up for a while, so I fixed myself a ton of coffee and got to work on my questions.