Chapter 48

Y/N'S POV

As we were eating dinner, Bruce leaned over and kissed my nose saying,"Do not strain yourself, honey. Dick has got this..Just eat, okay? Do I have to feed you?"

Bruce took some of my lasagna off of my plate and fed it to me. I giggled but smiled letting him.

Bruce smiled, too, before Jason rolled his eyes and Tim groaned saying,"Ughh, I cannot take any of this anymore. I am eating upstairs..."

Tim went to get up, but Bruce mumbled against my lips,"No, Tim, sit down. Sorry, beautiful."

I just smiled at Bruce pulling away and talking to his adopted children, whom I knew he saw as his real sons.

Jason looked at me saying,"Y/N, you know Damian did not mean a word he said to you, right? He is just having his moment, I guess. Do not take it to heart.."

I nodded and pinched his cheeks saying,"Aww, Jason, that is so sweet. Yeah, I will keep that in mind, hon. I can see Bruce in you. He is wearing off on you, Jason, whether you like it or not."

Jason chuckled and smiled looking away.

Blake looked like he was about to cry, and I immediately frowned saying,"Baby, what is wrong? Blake.."

Blake climbed down out of his chair and ran into the living room.

I went to get up, but Bruce whispered in my ear,"Go see how Dick is doing with Damian. I got Blake, darling, go.."

I nodded and pecked Bruce's lips, before I slowly but cautiously made my way down to the Batcave.

DICK'S POV

As I watched Damian train, I could tell something was not right. I waited for a second to talk to him, because I knew how he was when he was upset and angry about something. I remember when Damian first arrived here.
Damian had the hardest time talking to anyone after that. It took some time, but Damian came to trust me and come to me with anything. I never meant for him to go through so much pain being here, but I cannot control everything he went through. Also, he was my brother, and I loved him.

I softly said,"Dami.."

Damian stopped training for a second, but he said,"Yes, Grayson?"

Damian would not dare to look at me, and I knew why. I walked up behind him and grabbed his wrists.

Damian squirmed, while I sternly said,"This is not the way, Damian. Stop Damian, just stop fighting me..I am trying to help you..Let me in..Hey..Let me in.."

I let go of Damian's wrists, but I gently wrapped my arms around him. Damian leaned into my touch, but I could see the tears start to fall down his face. I frowned and tightened my grip around him.

Damian turned around in my arms sobbing saying,"Grayson.."

I held Damian tighter and looked down at him every once and a while.

I looked him in the eyes saying,"Dami, you are not getting replaced. Bruce loves you and you know that. He does not regret taking you in. You may be very stubborn, but you are Damian Wayne at the end of the day. Correct me if I am wrong, but Blake intimidates you does he not?"

Damian nodded, and I wanted to hear him confess to it.

I rubbed his back saying,"Why? How does it make you feel having Blake around? Damian..."

Damian looked down and cried saying,"It..it makes me feel like Father will not need me anymore, because he has that kid to take care of now. Sure, there is still Todd and Drake, but they are not as young as I am. I know Father would never have favorites, but I..I do not wanna lose him."

I knew Damian has been carrying this huge weight on his shoulders, but it was time for him to get it out.

"Damian, do not let that get to you, okay? Blake is not your enemy or here to replace you in anything. Blake just wants to get to know you and be a part of the family. Bruce would never forget about you, because you are his son. Bruce has lost enough friends and family in his life, and he would never want to lose someone else, especially you. Okay?"

Damian sniffed and nodded, before he buried his face in my stomach. I continued to try to comfort him, before I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Damian flinched, but I just held him tighter. I saw Y/N making her way downstairs. She walked over to me and noticed Damian in my arms.

She put a hand on my shoulder saying,"Does he need anything?"

I looked down at Damian saying,"Bring Blake down here, please. It will take some time, but we need Damian and Blake to start getting used to each other. Thanks, Y/N.."

Y/N smiled and nodded to me, before she came back in no time with Blake. I noticed Blake had been crying, too. I frowned, yet I gently took him from Y/N. I pushed Damian over a little, before I put Blake under him. Damian thought I did not see it, but I could see a smile forming on his face.
Blake looked at Damian and seemed to hesitate, but he scooted closer under his arms. I smiled at them, before Y/N kissed both of their foreheads. Y/N and I sighed in relief, before we headed upstairs to get a good night's sleep.