Chapter 40

I..I felt like I should update this now rather than later, so uh..here you guys go. Things are gonna get intense...I hope you guys enjoy this chapter..

   Y/N'S POV

  I slowly opened my eyes and noticed my hands were tied together. I quickly panicked and looked around. I noticed Barb on the opposite side, but she was still unconscious. We were in some van, and I bet it was black. I groaned in pain, when I looked down and realized I had landed on my leg.

  Barb began to wake up and shakily said,"Y/N, are you okay?"

  I nodded and said,"Fine. Your arm.."

  Barb chuckled weakly and bit her lip saying,"Just..a little bit of pain. Nothing I have not had before. Can you reach that?"

  I noticed the tracker Bruce had gave me had come out of my shoe, and we could really use that right now. I almost got it, until we had hit a bump in the road. Ugghh, I hate bumps...

  Barb painfully pulled her hands out of the chains, and I noticed her hands looked worse now. She did not even care about all the blood, but just getting us out of here.
  I smiled at her bravery, but I realized the van had stopped. The doors swung open, and it was Joker.

  I sighed, while he chuckled saying,"Look what we got, boys!! Nice to see you again, Miss Y/N!! Miss Gordon!!"

   Barb rolled her eyes and went to say something, but she was too weak to respond.
One of Joker's goons grabbed me, while Joker took Barb.

  I yelled,"HEY, PUT HER DOWN!!"

  Joker chuckled and motioned something to one of his men. One hit me, which caused me to groan in pain. Joker brought us inside his facility, and we passed by a dozen of armed men.

  Joker laughed and said,"I am always prepared, Y/N. Bats will love the new toys I got for him!! What do you think?"

  I just looked at Joker, while he sighed saying,"You can never get respect around here. At least Bats gives you a reaction. I get nothing from you..BOYS, TAKE THEM AWAY!! I HAVE GOT WORK TO DO!!"

  Barb and I were dragged towards the same direction, which made me happy that we were not separated. We were thrown down to the ground and chained awkwardly.

  One henchman crouched down in front of me and lifted my chin saying,"You are very beautiful. Mind if I steal a kiss?"

  I spit in his face, which earned me a slap from him. I yelped in pain. I could tell Barb was used to this sort of thing: being kidnapped and waiting to be saved or saving herself.

  She angrily yelled,"HEY, IDIOT!! DO NOT PUT YOUR FILTHY HANDS ON HER!!"

  The henchmen walked over to Barb and bent down in front of her weak form.

  He squeezed her face and stroked her cheek saying,"I am not gonna hurt your friend, baby. I am sure you know that. Why don't me and you go have some fun, huh?"

  Barb kneed him in the stomach, and he groaned and angrily threw her to the wall.

  I screamed in horror,"BARB!!"

  Barb groaned in pain and held her side tightly. I frowned, because I remembered about her incident.
  Tears poured down Barb's face, as she began to whimper loudly. I hated hearing her cry, and I had to do something about it.

  I noticed Barb pull something from her back pocket and it was a Batarang. She deeply stuck it in the henchmen's leg, which caused him to loosen his grip on Barb. Barb sighed in relief and laid back on her back.
  Barb looked over at me, and I could see the pain and suffering in her once bright and cheerful eyes. The doors opened and Joker walked in. He saw the henchmen and immediately looked at Barb.

  Joker skipped over to Barb's lying form and held her chin saying,"You never cease to amaze me, Miss Gordon. You are quite the killer, but I do not see what stops you every time. It is Bats, is it not? He is wearing off on you..."

  Barb could not support her weight and fell. I sent her a worried look, but she weakly shook her head. Joker's gaze landed on me, and I immediately frowned.

  He pulled me up and held a knife to my throat saying,"I've heard that Bats has something for you still, but I need you. You could be my eyes and ears!!"

  I shook my head, which made Joker frown and angrily pinned me to the wall. I began to shake and closed my eyes, not wanting my eyes to meet his. I slowly opened them, when I heard Joker laughing.

  He walked over to Barb and said,"Isn't she adorable? I'm sure Boy Wonder is worried sick about her...Then again.."

  Joker smirked and dug a knife in Barb's side. Barb yelped out in pain and whimpered loudly.

  Joker covered her mouth and shushed her saying,"Quiet, my dear. It will be over soon..Y/N? Miss Gordon is not looking too good.."

  I looked down at Barb and she was barely able to move, while Joker dug the knife deeper in her side.

  I yelled,"ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT!! STOP, I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!"

  Joker smirked and chuckled taking the knife out of Barb's side. Joker released my chains and let me run over to Barb's side.
  Joker brought Barb into another room, while I was at her side. She was not looking good, and I knew she was dying.

  I held her side, and she weakly said,"Don't.. do... this, Y/N. You...are..better.. than.. this.."

  Tears formed in my eyes, and I held her tight saying,"I have to. I'm so sorry, Barb. This is all my fault.."

  Barb shook her head, and I realized just how much of a loop we were in.