Chapter 67

Y/N'S POV

  Bruce and I had been searching for Blake for a couple of hours now. I was so worried I felt like I was going to throw up. Yet, I also felt like all of this was my fault. I promised Blake I would look out for him, and yet he just kept getting hurt.
  As Bruce drove, I was trying my hardest not to cry. I kept calling Blake, but he never picked up. I also reached out to Damian, Dick, Jason, and Tim, but they hadn't heard from Blake either. However, they were out searching for him as well.

  I said,"Bruce, you have no way of tracking him?"

  Bruce said,"If I did, I would have used it. Trust me, Y/N. I would have had him back with us by now."

  I just nodded and said,"Is this all my fault, Bruce?"

  At hearing just how broken I sounded, Bruce turned his head to look at me.

  I looked away and began to cry saying," This..This is all my fault, Bruce. I..I should've done better with him. I promised him I would be there for him."

  Bruce pulled over and pulled me into his lap.

  He said,"This is not your fault, Y/N. You're upset because you're just worried. I know you don't believe you haven't influenced Blake. If it weren't for you, Blake could have been dead years ago. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have had Blake as my son. I refuse to let you sit here and blame everything that has happened on yourself."

  Bruce let me bring his forehead against my own and I closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, Bruce sent me a wink. I wiped my tears and Bruce talked to me, until I was ready to get back to looking for Blake.
...

  We had literally been almost everywhere in Gotham by now, and still no Blake. Where could he be? Maybe Central City with Barry and Iris or Metropolis with Clark and Lois? That was until it hit me.

  I immediately said,"Bruce, check his parents' house. Blake might be there."

  Bruce asked me,"Why would he be-"

  I just squeezed Bruce's shoulder and said,"I just know. He's my son, Bruce. Well, our son."

  Bruce smiled and nodded before he drove to Blake's parents' house. The house was still standing, and the front door was open.

  Bruce stopped me from running inside and said,"We don't know if he's alone. I'll go in first. You watch my back."

  I nodded and stayed behind Bruce. When Bruce and I made it inside, Blake was just sitting there. He didn't have anything in his hands, and I looked up at Bruce. Bruce nodded and I rushed over to Blake.

  I crouched down in front of him and cupped his face saying," Honey, have you been here the whole time? What have you been doing? Why did you leave? I..Blake.."

  Tears fell down his face and he rested his hands over my hands saying,"Mom, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm just really tired. Why do these things keep happening to me? I haven't done anything wrong."

  I said,"I don't know, but I'm not going to let you lose yourself. Blake, bad things have happened to all of us. Even your father. He's Batman and people betray him all the time, but he's still that man I fell in love with years ago. Blake, you're capable of amazing things and I believe that you are going to be an amazing man. Your father and I believe that. I know bad things keep happening to you, but good things happen too. Just don't focus on the bad things, okay? I'll be there to help you. I'm your mother. It's my job to give you help or get you help. You hear me?"

  Blake sniffed saying,"I hear you. Can you just sit down and talk to me?"

  I sat down beside Blake and motioned for Bruce to sit down too. Bruce sat down beside me and took my hand. Together, Bruce and I talked to Blake. I knew Blake wouldn't be okay just like that, but Bruce and I would do what we could to help him. If we needed outside help, we would get it for Blake.