Chapter 24

Y/N'S POV

  The special day was finally here. Bruce's birthday was today, and everything was set and ready for him to enjoy it. Barb, Alfred, the boys, and I all pushed hard for this party to be great.   Lucius pushed the most, because he had been keeping up with the important guests and future of Wayne Enterprises.

  Hopefully, Bruce did not have an episode or something..

  Currently, I was waiting on Bruce to wake up. We all got comfortable in his room, but Bruce really was a hard sleeper. You could hear Bruce's soft snores every time he took in a breath or moved. I giggled softly, while Alfred just smiled at him sleeping.

  Eventually, Bruce had woken up.

  When he did, we all yelled,"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRUCE?!!"

  Ria led the Happy Birthday song, and I was shocked and looked at her in awe. I did not know she had a voice, but it was very moving and soothing to hear. Ria really did know how to hide her many talents and good features of herself. Bruce smiled and pulled Ria in for a hug.

  Ria chuckled and hugged back, but she gently pushed Bruce into me. I blushed, while Bruce just pulled me in for a kiss.

  I kissed back before Jason yelled,"HEY?!! NO PUBLIC AFFECTION!!"

  I rolled my eyes and kicked Jason out of his chair.

  Bruce pulled away slowly saying,"I love you, Y/N. Are you about to go somewhere?"

  I nodded and held his hand saying,"Yeah, just going to check on the patients at Arkham and then work stuff. I will be back before you even notice I am gone. Love you, Bruce. Do not do anything reckless.."

  Bruce pouted, but he got up saying,"I am coming with you."

  I shook my head and put my hand on his chest saying,"No, Batman, I will be fine. You stay here and enjoy your lunch and company, birthday boy. You will really upset Barb, if you do not stay for her gift..."

  I hated to keep on bringing Barb to watch Bruce for me, but I needed to find out what this chemical was doing in Gotham's water supply. It could be dangerous, but I didn't want to bring this on Bruce on his birthday. Bruce looked at Barb, and I pleaded for her to act upset this one time.
  Barb sighed and acted hurt, before Bruce followed her downstairs. You had to appreciate Barb, because she would do anything even when she had interest in it. I drove down to Arkham Asylum, before I made my way threw the cell hallways.

  The inmates were very intimidating, and I was ecstatic I was outside of the glass.

  Harleen Quinzel(Hopefully, you guys don't mind me adding Harley, since it is Arkham), one of the top doctors in Arkham, walked over to me.

  I smiled and shook her hand, before she said,"Be careful. The patients are sort of rowdy today. Great to see ya, Y/N."

  I nodded and made my way down the hall. She seemed sort of in a trance than usual. What was going on with Gotham lately?
  I made my down to the lower levels and saw Dr. Jonathan Crane standing in front of the staircase.

  He sent me a smile and said,"Miss L/N. What brings you here?"

  I looked in Falcone's room and crossed my arms saying,"I don't buy this. Someone like Falcone just goes crazy like this...What do you know, Crane?"

  Crane looked at me and calmly said,"The patient is experiencing breakdowns, because of his exposure to a certain type of enhancement."

  I nodded and put it together saying,"So he was drugged then?"

  Crane leaned on the counter and said,"Yes, this is my area, Y/N. You see, Miss L/N, in here the mind is way more powerful than the body. I've always admired the way the mind worke and how it plays out in certain situations. It's why I do what I do.."

  I rolled my eyes and sternly said,"Of course you do, Jonathan. I am not falling for your big words and phrases, even though I have no idea what they mean!!!"

  Jonathan just smirked and innocently said,"I can assure you that there are no games being played, Miss L/N. I am telling the truth.."

  Jonathan was always one for mind games, even when we were kids. Of course, I did not believe a word he said to me. I knew Falcone was in there, but he had something to do with it.

  I sighed but walked over to the elevator saying,"Yeah, so I want access to Falcone at all times. That means brain work, DNA results, and every test you have taken on him so far."

  Jonathan nodded and used his key to gain access to the bottom floors of the Asylum.

  He led me out and walked in front of me saying,"There's something you should see, Miss L/N."

  I was confused, but I followed him. When I walked in, I saw prisoners pouring dozens of gallons of medicine into Gotham's water supply.

  That explained why the water was off.

  Crane smirked and said,"Perhaps you should have some, Miss L/N."

  My breath quickened, and I ran down the hall to the elevator.

  I quickly pushed the buttons and hurriedly said,"Come on, come on!!!"

  The doors opened, and I sighed in relief. I had almost made it out, but someone grabbed me.
  Crane stuck something into my system, and I felt my vision get blurry. I was faced with my greatest fear and fell into unconsciousness.