Chapter 65

Y/N'S POV

  So, Blake was upset the other night because things didn't work out with the girl he thought was the one. Honestly, I had never met the girl and I was glad I never did because she hurt Blake badly. She hurt him so badly he came to talk to me. I do remember when Blake was younger and he always liked to talk to me, but that had changed when as he got older. I would be lying if I said I was not happy that girl hurt him, because I had my little Blake back. The Blake that Bruce and I thought, at one point, that wouldn't be with us the next day. I thanked God every single day for finding a way to let Blake stay with us, no matter how much sleep I had lost because of it.

  Bruce nudged my side and asked me,"What are you thinking about? Me?"

  I rolled my eyes and replied,"Nope, definitely not you. I'm just kidding, Bruce. No, it's not you today. I'm thinking about Blake. You know, how he used to be before he got older."

  Bruce sat down beside me and pulled me into his arms saying,"He's still the same Blake, honey. He has just had to go through life. Blake is still that little boy that was obsessed with chicken nuggets."

  I giggled and heard Blake say,"That is true, Mom. I do love chicken nuggets."

  Bruce and I both looked over at Blake, who was standing at the door. He smiled warmly at me and said to Bruce,"Dad, can I talk to my mother alone?"

  Bruce nodded and kissed my hand before he left.

  Blake sat down beside me and said,"You know I love you, Mom, right?"

  I smiled over at Blake and replied,"I know that, Blake. You sound like your father.."

  Blake smiled and wrapped an arm around my shoulders saying,"Good. Dad looks out for you. He looks out for all of us, actually. I heard what you said. I am sorry that I have been distant these last few months. I guess I was really sure that I could do things on my own. That didn't even last long. I couldn't even keep Janette. She was an amazing girl, by the way."

  I took Blake's hand and replied,"If she was so amazing, how come she let you go? How come she pointed you out in front of everyone and completely embarrassed you in front of the team? Blake, you deserve so much more than that. I am not just saying that because you are my son, and I was a total babe."

  Blake chuckled and said,"Oh, I'm sure you were, Mom. I never did thank you for taking me in. Mom, thank you for pulling me away from my parents. Dad told me what they did to you and Auntie Barb the other day. Don't be mad at Dad. I kept asking him."

  I sighed and said,"I'm not mad at your father. You deserved to know, and you're welcome. Even if there was a way Bruce and I could have given you back to your parents, I still would have fought to keep you here. That is what I did. That is what everyone in this house did. You're important, Blake, and I need you to look out for Tom, okay?"

  Blake nodded and gave me a kiss before he hugged me tightly.

  I hugged him back and said,"I love you, Blake."

  "I love you, too, Mom. I'll go check on Tom. You have my word to look out for Tom."

  "Thank you, Blake."