Chapter 11

Y/N'S POV

  It seemed like every day I grew closer to Dick, Tim, Damian, and Jason. I was starting to see them as my own family now. It reminded me that I was never alone, which was a constant fear of mine growing up.

  Right now, I was laying down across the couch watching Transformers. Yeah, I was one for action movies. Optimus Prime was my most favorite, because I thought he was the bravest of the Autobots. Bee definitely won on being the cutest with using the radio to talk and what not.

  I got so lost in my thoughts about Transformers, that I did not notice Dick standing in front of the TV.

  I groaned and said,"Dick, would you please move? I cannot see Optimus Prime!!!"

  Dick chuckled, before he joined me on the couch. He leaned back and put his hands behind his head.

  Dick noticed me looking at him and said,"What, Y/N? Is there something on my face?"

  I answered Dick by saying,"No, you just look familiar. I know your face from somewhere..."

  Dick cockily said,"Do you know Nightwing? That is me, by the way. Take a picture. It will last longer.."

  I playfully rolled my eyes saying,"No, but I did not know that. I guess I should have figured that out by now. Ugh, I cannot remember what I was going to say next!!!"

  Dick laughed, before Tim walked in. I told Tim of my dilemma and sent him pleading eyes to help me with my guessing.

  Tim chuckled and said,"Umm, was it recent or older?"

  I said,"Older. It was some years ago, but I cannot remember where from."

  I finally got it and said,"FLYING GRAYSONS!! THAT WAS YOU, RIGHT?!!"

  Dick seemed shocked at my excitement, but he smiled saying,"Yeah, I used to do that, before..."

  Dick's face dropped, and I regretted bringing up the subject.

  I put a hand on his shoulder and said,"Hey, I meant that in a good way. I was a fan of your group. My parents would take me every year when I was younger just to see The Flying Graysons perform."

  Dick smiled and hugged me.

  I hugged back before saying,"It will be okay, Dick. I will be here to cheer you up."

  Damian and Tim sat down beside me, before Dick, Tim, Damian, and I all watched Transformers. However, I realized Bruce and Jason were missing. Alfred was also missing, but he wasn't interested in stopping his cleaning. With that, I just chose to leave him alone.

  Damian noticed, too, but said," Father and Todd normally have training sessions at this hour."

  I sighed in relief and got comfy. I rested my head on Tim's shoulder, and he just sent me a smile. I smiled back, but all eyes turned on Jason when he walked upstairs.

  He said,"What? What are you guys staring at? Oh, Y/N, Bruce is in the Batcave, if you need him.."

  I nodded and made my way down the steep steps. When I made it to the end, Bruce was leaning over the table with his head down. I frowned and jogged over to him. I did not really know how to approach Bruce when he was upset. So, I gently put my hand on his shoulder. But, Bruce flinched away.

  Bruce turned around and said,"Y/N, what are you doing down here?"

  I sighed and said,"I just came down here to talk to you. What's wrong, Wayne?"

  I put my hand on Bruce's face, but he pushed my hand away. Bruce seemed frustrated, so I decided to leave him alone.

  Bruce angrily said,"Y/N, please leave. I do not need your concern. Trust me, I can handle myself."

  I started to get angry myself as to why Bruce was throwing all of this at me.

  Tears poured down my face, while I yelled in frustration,"BRUCE, I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE SO RUDE ABOUT IT!! UHH, I THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST LET ME IN!!"

  Bruce got close to my face, which caused me to take a few steps back. I did not know whether it was because I was dearly afraid of him, or that he still had on his Batman suit.

  I was leaning back over the table, while Bruce yelled,"WELL, MAYBE THIS JOB IS MY LIFE!! I AM JUST TRYING TO PROTECT THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT!! THAT INCLUDES YOU, Y/N, BUT EVERYTHING IS NOT ABOUT YOU!! MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER MET EACH OTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!"

  When Bruce said that, my heart broke into a million pieces. Bruce's face softened, as if he realized what he just said to me. I just stood there in shock.

  Bruce slowly brought his hands up to my face and said,"Darling, I am-"

  I reacted on my first instinct, which was slapping Bruce.

  Bruce groaned in pain, then he sighed saying,"I am so sorry, okay? It was an accident. Meeting you was the best thing that happened to me. I just...I am stuck at trying to protect everyone here and taking care of the company. Please forgive me."

  I just hugged Bruce's waist and cried on his chest, as he wrapped his arms around me and apologized to me a million times.