Chapter 43

Y/N'S POV

  After we arrived at the restaurant, I realized it was way out of my budget.

  Bruce laughed at my facial expression and whispered in my ear,"Do not worry. There is nothing to expensive for you, beautiful."

  I whined saying,"Bruce.."

  Bruce chuckled and held out his hand. I smiled and intertwined my fingers with Bruce's. Bruce kissed my cheek and led us to our table. Bruce held open my chair for me, before I gladly sat down.

  I rested my hands on the table, while Bruce looked at me saying,"You all right? If it is too much, we can-"

  I waved it off and reached over the table putting my hand over Bruce's. Bruce smiled at me, before I smiled back.

  The waiter came over and said,"Hello. What would you guys like today?"

  Bruce ordered our food, and I was too busy admiring him. Bruce caught me, and I blushed in embarrassment. I went to say something, but I could not get anything to come out. Bruce smirked and scooted over next to me.

  He lifted my chin and I stuttered saying,"Br..uce.."

  Bruce shushed me and kissed me slowly. I kissed back and rested my hand on his shoulder.
  Bruce rested his on my face before someone cleared their throat. I sighed in defeat and pouted pulling away from Bruce.

 The waiter just looked at me, and I just gave him a weak smile.

  Bruce cleared his throat, and I giggled at his cuteness. The waiter handed us our food, and I quickly dug in. I stuffed food in my mouth and looked up to see Bruce staring at me.

  I swallowed it and blankly said,"What?"

  Bruce shook his head and gently put my hands down. He reached over the table and wiped the spaghetti sauce off my lips.
  I shyly looked down. I just brushed my dress and got up. Bruce led me outside and we ended up in a beautiful patio that overlooked Gotham.

  Bruce walked us over to the edge, and my breath quickened. I was afraid of many things...

  Bruce noticed and held my face saying,"Hey, I got you. I always will..Y/N?"

  I hmmed in response and looked up at Bruce. Bruce stared right back, and I found myself getting lost in his blue eyes. I remembered when I first saw Bruce, and I knew he was the one I would fall hard for. Guess what? I truly had fallen head over heels for Bruce, and I wanted to always be his.

  Bruce leaned in and kissed me softly. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. Bruce wrapped his around my waist and held me tighter.

  I held on, before Bruce barely let go saying,"I love you so much, Y/N. There is something I need to tell you; something that has been on my mind for a long time now.."

  Please say it's what I think it is..

  Bruce looked out on Gotham and stood tall saying,"It has been about 8 and a half years since I have taken on the cowl, and it feels like it was just yesterday when I came back to Gotham. I always thought I would have to be alone, but a certain someone changed that. I figured you would leave me, because of all the rumors the press and papers have always said about me, but you stayed..for me."

  Bruce turned around and pulled me close. I just now noticed the tears already starting to fall down Bruce's face. I smiled knowing he had loved me that much, and I actually made him cry.

  I cupped Bruce's face, while he sniffed saying," You do not realize just how..much you mean to me. Y/N, you are the most beautiful, confident, and independent woman I have ever met. I do not know what is it about you, but I just cannot stop loving you. You are amazing, and you will always be the love of my life. I guess what I am saying is.."

  Bruce stopped and took a deep breath, before he got down on one knee.

  Tears poured down my face as he smiled up at me and confidently said,"Y/N L/N, would you do me the honor of being Mrs. Wayne?"

  I sobbed saying," YES, YES, I'D LOVE TO!!"

  Bruce sighed in relief, which made me giggle weakly. Bruce got up and gently slid the ring on my finger, before he wiped my tears and kissed me passionately.
  I kissed back and gave Bruce all the emotion and feelings I had been holding in.

  Bruce smiled in the kiss and rubbed my arms in reassurance, before he let go saying,"I love you, Mrs. Wayne."

  I sniffed and kissed his nose saying,"I love you, too, Bruce Wayne."

  Bruce kissed me again, before he pulled me back in for a hug. I hugged back and did not want this moment to end with Bruce.
  My dreams had come true..I was a billion steps closer to being Mrs. Wayne, the wife of Bruce Wayne.

  For months, I would dream of this day, and now it had finally come.

  Bruce rocked us from side to side and chuckled saying,"I already have our dance ready. I am a good dancer.."

  I chuckled but smirked saying,"I hate to bust your bubble, Playboy, but you can not dance. Do not worry, we will learn together.."

  Bruce pouted at my joke, but he smiled down at me. I rested my head on his shoulder, before we decided to head back home. I could not wait to tell the family, especially Ria..