Chapter 62

Y/N'S POV

  As I sat at Wayne Enterprises, I did not realize how boring this meeting really was. All they talked about was numbers and more numbers for the stockholders' market and so on..Bruce would look over at me and smile, which did not make the meeting completely boring. I leaned back in my chair, before I was caught off-guard by one of the board members asking me a question.

  I quickly apologized, but she waved it off and repeated herself saying,"You are Y/N Wayne, are you not?"

  I was curious as to what she wanted, so I wondered if Bruce knew what the lady was getting to. Bruce shrugged his shoulders, and I figured he did not know what she was gonna ask me about.

  I just nodded and said,"Yes. Why, ma'am?"

  She chuckled and smiled over at me saying,"Nothing, I just had to make sure. You look familiar, but I am sure it is because you worked for the Gotham Newspaper. Your boss, Mr. Smith and I have known each other for years and he spoke very highly of you. You should be proud of the legacy you left behind.."

  I smiled so big and said,"Thanks, I will remember that. I hope that legacy will inspire someone else."

  She nodded and presumed her work, before Bruce led me out of his office.

  He gently held my arm and said,"You can go home if you want to, sweetheart. I get that this is not the most interesting thing to do..See, I told you you would get bored, didn't I?"

  I giggled and held Bruce's chin saying,"Do not make me hit you, Batman. You may be right, but I will sure enough put you in line if I have to. Got it?!!"

  Bruce chuckled and kissed my hand saying,"This is why I fell in love with you, Mrs. Wayne. You are so bossy and gorgeous at the same time, which is one of my favorite combinations.."

  I blushed, before Bruce wrapped his arms around me and said,"Which one are you gonna do, gorgeous?"

  I turned around and said,"Stay with you. I would feel safer if I was here by your side, instead of at a restaurant by myself.."

  Bruce nodded and squeezed my hand saying,"Fair enough. I would not want you to be on your own either, beautiful. Then again, you make the rules not me.."

  I smiled at him knowing which one of us was really in control. He was raised right, but then again; I had always known his parents taught him well and in the most influential way.
  I sat down beside Bruce, while he held my hand under the table. This man could never stop making me smile. Bruce smiled and talked to the board members, before I noticed something.

  Bruce looked over at me and sent me worried eyes asking me,"Darling, is everything all right?"

  I just nodded and gave Bruce a kiss, before he kissed back.

  Bruce held on for a minute, before I got up and apologetically said,"If you will excuse me..I am sorry if I caused a disruption of any sort, but I will be right back in just a minute.."

  Bruce went to come with me, but I held him back and whispered,"No, you are needed here, Batman. Please stay. I will be all right."

  Bruce bent down and rested his forehead on mine, while I enjoyed his comfort. He smiled down at me and kissed me passionately, before I let go and walked out of the room.

  I followed the noise and heard a voice say,"Why, hello, you must be the girl I have heard so much about.."

  The one and only Jervis Tetch, well the Mad Hatter, was behind me. What was he doing here?

  I went to say something, but I felt a little lightheaded.

  I groaned in pain, before Jervis chuckled saying,"Do not worry, Mrs. Wayne. You are going to be my new Alice!! We are going to have so much fun!"

  I rolled my eyes, yet I fell to my knees and tried to get back up. Jervis pushed me back down and everything began to look a little foggy.

  Jervis smirked and said,"It takes some getting used to, but I am no fool. I know the Bat is coming, so why not start this off with a party!!"

  I hit the ground, before I closed my eyes and fell into unconsciousness.

   BRUCE'S POV

  After about 10 minutes, I began to worry about Y/N.

  I got up and excused myself saying,"I am sorry, but I need to take care of something. Mr. Fox will speak in my place.."

  Lucius gave me a worried look, before he walked over to me.

  I sighed and said,"I need to check on Y/N. Something is not right. She would have come back by now. You have got this. If I trust anyone to lead this company to something greater, it would definitely be led by you."

  Lucius smiled and nodded, before I smiled back and jogged out of the room. As I looked around for Y/N, I could not find her anywhere. I ran my fingers through my hair, before I crouched down and noticed a card on the ground.

  It read,"I have got a little game planned for someone special and I found the perfect candidate!! She will make a perfect Alice, indeed!"