Chapter 53

8 MONTHS IN...

   Y/N'S POV

  Things in Wayne Manor had been so hectic over the last 8 months. Bruce had been doing everything in the book from: getting the emergency kit, shopping for baby clothes, and even finishing our child's bedroom. I was so proud of Bruce, because he was showing me that he really wanted to do this..be a father to another child.
  Right now, I was feeling much better than I was an hour ago. An hour ago, I threw up so much that I almost passed out, but thankfully, the boys were here to help me. Barb and Ria had been by my side through everything, and I was just happy the two of them were around for my annoying self.

  I was lying down across the sofa on Bruce's lap, while my legs were across Jason and Tim's laps. I felt bad for invading their space, but they did not seem to mind. Bruce continued to run his fingers through my hair, then I jumped in pain. Bruce shushed me, before he rested his hand on my stomach...
  I sighed in relief, while he rubbed my stomach gently. I held Bruce's other hand and leaned more into his touch. I heard the doorbell and Tim seemed very excited for whoever was at the door. Tim ran out of the room, before I heard Barb's laughter followed by another feminine giggle.

  When they walked in, I noticed Tim holding her hand.

  Tim noticed my confusion and gently pushed her forward saying,"This is Tamara Fox, Lucius' daughter. She is my girlfriend...Tam, this is Y/N."

  Tam offered her hand, and I smiled shaking hers saying,"Nice to meet you, Tam."

  Tam nodded and sent me another smile, before she sat down in Tim's lap. Tim blushed, but he tightly wrapped his arms around Tam. I giggled at Tim, which made him smile. I felt a kick and jumped again. Bruce whispered encouraging words in my ears, which often times calmed me down.

  Barb crouched down in front of Bruce and I, before she put her hand on my stomach saying,"Hey, little one. This is Barb, your future Auntie, and I cannot wait till you are born. When you come into the world, you will have a great family who will love and care for you. Plus, mommy is getting a little irritated and ready for you to come out..."

  I giggled, while Bruce smiled and lifted Barb's chin saying,"Thanks, Barb, we appreciate that. Why don't you go sit with Dick? He looks a little bored and needs your attention. I recommend you getting close, but not too close. I will make you sit over here..."

  Barb chuckled and nodded, while I looked up at Bruce saying,"Really, Batman? I thought we talked about this before..Barb is a grown woman, so she does not need to be told when to love on her man.."

  Bruce rolled his eyes and kept his eyes on my own.

  I smiled and stroked his cheek slowly saying,"You really want this, don't you? Bruce, are you sure everything will be all right? I do not want you to feel tied down and not have any room for-"

  Bruce cut me off by kissing me passionately.

  I kissed back and held on for a while, before he let go saying,"No, everything will be fine. We will just take this nice and steady. I have always wanted to be a father and I know Dad would have been proud of me. It is what he wanted for me..Eventually, I will have to pass on the cape and cowl to Dick, because he is ready for it. Trust me, I want to do this the right way."

  I nodded and Bruce nuzzled his nose against mine. Barb awwed and leaned on Dick's chest. I chuckled lightly. Bruce continued to rub my stomach and talked about how excited he was for the baby to come.