Chapter 21

Y/N'S POV

  The next morning, I woke up well rested. I was Bruce's company last night, while he was working on a case. I could tell I was a huge distraction, but Bruce never scolded me about it. He actually fell asleep before me, and I knew it was because he worked so much.
  I turned on my other side and saw Bruce working on something on the Bat-computer. I smiled and lied back down.

  Bruce chuckled before saying,"You know, I can tell when you are up or not. Morning to you too, darling. How did you sleep?"

  I managed to roll my eyes, blush, and smile at Bruce's words.

  I chuckled and said,"I slept fine, Bruce. Thank you for your constant concern and drive to see how I am doing. Batman must really love me..."

  Bruce sent me a wink, and I coughed loudly. Bruce smirked and walked over to me.

  I quickly got out of bed and said,"Bruce, we can talk about this. You don't need to..BRUCE?!!"

  I quickly turned around and ran away from Bruce. Bruce laughed and kept on chasing after me.

  He yelled,"YOU ARE NOT GONNA WIN THIS ONE, Y/N!! I AM BATMAN, REMEMBER?!!"

  I could not help but smile and quicken my pace. I sharply turned the corner, and Bruce ended up catching me.

  He tackled me, while I groaned in pain saying,"Bruce, you weigh a lot!! Stop working out!!"

  Bruce chuckled deeply, before he smirked saying,"But you still love it, don't you, Y/N? I ran into one of your relatives yesterday. She sort of hit me and threatened to kill me if I hurt you."

  I smiled big at Bruce, before I cupped his face saying,"Ha. Sounds like my aunt or maybe my mother. Thank you for not actually being rude to her or anything. My family has been through some things with deaths in the family and moving."

  Someone cleared their throat, and I realized Bruce and I clearly were just staring at each other.

  Jason smirked saying,"I see you guys are busy, but Bruce someone is here to see you. Hey Y/N."

  I just sent him a smile, before Bruce walked to the front door. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Bruce looked down at me and gave me a short kiss, before he opened the door.

  I blushed madly and regained my composure. I saw a very familiar face standing at the door.

  He must be Rā's al Ghūl. Bruce and Jason had told me a lot about him.

  Bruce said,"Hello, Rā's. What brings you here?"

  Rā's formally said,"Important matters, Detective."

  Rā's looked at me for a minute, before I just sent him a smile. Rā's just looked at me, so I awkwardly looked away.

  Bruce jogged upstairs and got his stuff.

  I grabbed his arm and asked him,"What if it is a trap?"

  Bruce stroked my cheek and said,"If it was, then Rā's would have been more detailed about it. I trust him this time. Rā's been good to my family, and I have to respect that. It could have been the other way around.."

  I nodded, because Bruce did have a point. Bruce led us to a plane, and I noticed Jason was here, too.

  I whispered in Bruce's ear,"What brought him here?"

  Bruce looked at Jason saying,"A huge part of Jason's past was with the League of Assassins. Rā's needed him, too. Remember what I told you about Jason getting beaten by Joker and left to die in that warehouse?"

  I nodded and leaned on Bruce's shoulder, while he said,"I could not get to him in time, and Jason died there. Later, Rā's came to me and said there was a way to bring Jason back. I hesitated at first, but at that point, I would do anything to bring him back. I did, and Jason responded to it differently. He came back changed and different.."

  I just placed a kiss on Bruce's lips, because his eyes were tearing up. Something told me I should not have asked about it, but I did anyway.
I rubbed Bruce's arms in comfort, before I turned to look at Jason. Jason was actually pretty calm right now.

  I said,"Jase?"

  Jason looked over at me and I took his hand saying,"If you need anything, you can come to me. I want you to know that. I also want you to know that you should get some sleep."

  Jason laughed at the last part, yet it did not take long for Jason to fall asleep. I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around Jason, before I sat back down with Bruce.

  Bruce pulled me down with him and said,"I know you are tired, too, so it is bedtime.."

  I groaned and Bruce just pushed me down.

  I smiled and gave him a kiss saying,"I love you, Batman."

  Bruce winked and said,"I love you, too, Y/N. Always.."