Chapter 37

Let's keep this party going!! Trust me, you'll be wanting more!! Don't worry, this is only the beginning..

   Y/N'S POV

  As we sat down and ate dinner, the doorbell went off. Alfred went to get it, but Bruce gently pushed him back down and jogged to get the door. I chuckled, but smiled at how protective Bruce was over Alfred. Alfred smiled, too, and continued to talk to Dick.
  I wondered who was at the door..All of a sudden, we heard Bruce yelling at the front door. Immediately, I stood to my feet and rushed to the door. At the door, Gordon and his fellow G.C.P.D. officers were standing there.

  I immediately frowned, while Bruce cautiously said,"What is going on, Commissioner?"

  I noticed Gordon looking at Blake, and I immediately realized why he was here.

  My frown remained on my face, and I sternly said,"No, Jim, he is not going anywhere. I am going to take care of Blake now.."

  Gordon shook his head and said,"That is not in your hands, Y/N. We have to get him back to his rightful parents. They have already signed the papers and Blake is coming with us."

  I scoffed and felt the motherly instinct kick in. I was not going to let Blake out of my sight, because I..I loved him as my own child.
  Blake was holding onto Bruce's leg, while Bruce rubbed his back in comfort.

  Blake started to cry and said,"I don't wanna go back to my parents. They d..don't want me.. I wanna stay with Y/N and Mr. Wayne.."

  Gordon sighed and said,"Kid, we have to do this. Do you not want to go back home with your real family?"

  Gordon then looked at me and said,"Y/N, it is for his own good.."

  Blake shook his head and buried his face in Bruce's side. Gordon began to get irritated, while I noticed a certain detective appear from being the task force. Harvey Bullock..I should have known he had something to do with this.

  Once his eyes landed on Bruce, Harvey chuckled and said,"Look Richboy, we do not have time to sit here and discuss this. Take him and go, gentlemen."

  Blake's crying increased, and I was in complete shock. I was not ready for Blake to leave my life. I did not have much fighting skills, because Bruce told Dick to hold back with training me. Dick noticed, and Jason and Dick stood protectively in front of Blake.

  Blake sniffed and smiled up at them.

  They smiled back, before I yelled,"GUYS!!"

  They quickly turned their attention back to the policemen charging towards them. Jason sent Dick a silent message, before he nodded taking the policemen out.
  I was blown away by Dick's skills. He was incredible. Jason and Dick checked each other's backs swiftly.

  Jason looked back at me and dodged a policeman's attack before yelling,"Y/N!! GO!! GET BLAKE OUT OF HERE!! WE CAN HANDLE THIS!! GO!!"

  I quickly kissed Jason's cheek, before I grabbed Blake and ran us to a safe area. I had realized there were men coming from the back, which none of us had planned on. I panicked and led Blake and I down to the Batcave. Maybe that was not the best idea, because I was in risk of exposing Bruce's secret.

  I quickly hid Blake behind one of the exhibits and noticed he was shaking.

  I frowned and ran my fingers through his hair saying,"Everything will be fine, baby. Just stay here and do not say a word. Hey, hey, you are not gonna lose me, okay?"

   Blake nodded and let his tears fall. I frowned even more and pulled him in for a motherly hug. Blake hugged back and gripped my shirt.
  I knew he was afraid of going back, and I was, too. I wanted to go out and fight, but Blake would not let me go and I did not want to leave him down here alone.

  I let Blake curl into me. Suddenly, I heard footsteps down in the Batcave. How was I supposed to deal with this? I felt strong arms pick Blake and I up and went to scream, but a gentle hand covered my mouth.

  I looked up and saw Batman. I sighed in relief, and he quickly led us over to the Batmobile. I got in and Blake sat in my lap.

  Batman took off his cowl and said,"I do not care what happens, as long as the two of you are safe. I cannot risk losing you.."

  Bruce put a finger over his lips, and I nodded in understanding. Bruce ruffled Blake's hair and hugged him, before he put his forehead on mine and kissed me passionately.
  I kissed back and held on, before he slowly let go and made sure we were hidden.

  I saw Batman head back over to the table, but I heard gunshots firing at the Batmobile. Blake screamed, while I pushed him down covering him. I looked up and Batman was surrounded by GCPD.

  Gordon pointed his gun at Batman and said,"Do not make me do this, Batman. It does not have to be this way..Just hand over Blake and we can forget this ever happened.."

  Batman sent me a silent and reassuring look, before he turned to Gordon and shook his head saying,"No, the boy stays. This is his family, and even you can't stop this."

  I looked over at Blake and noticed he had the biggest smile on his face. I don't think it was just because Bruce was standing up for him, but because Blake knew that he would always be family to Batman and Bruce Wayne.