Chapter 26

Y/N'S POV

  After I woke up, I immediately grabbed the cure Bruce, well Batman had given to me. 

  I threw on a jacket, but heard my mom yell,"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!!! Y/N? Y/N?!! GET BACK IN THE BED! I HAVE TO GIVE YOU YOUR MEDICINE AND TAKE CARE OF YOU AND-"

  I chuckled and said,"Mom, it is always great to see you, but I will be just fine."

  Mom realized it was going to be a hard fight arguing with me, so she just moved out of the way and I smiled. With that, I drove off. I arrived at downtown Gotham, before I noticed prisoners crowding through the streets. 

  What's going on around here? I quickly made my way through the streets of Gotham, and I saw Gordon talking to some police officers. 

  I ran over to him, while he worriedly said,"Y/N, what are you doing here!! Please tell me Barb isn't with you, too."

  I shook my head and said,"No, Jim, this is my choice. I hope Barb is not out here, but she is well-known to do what is right for her family. I am doing the same, so I am doing this. What is going on around here?"

  Gordon sighed and went to explain, but I saw Batman gliding by. I smiled to myself, yet I almost forgot about what Bruce gave me. I quickly handed Gordon the cure, and he looked at it confused. 

  I said,"You will need this. It will protect you from, you know..dying.."

  I was horrible at explaining things and maybe I forgot what Bruce had told me. I groaned in defeat, but Gordon chuckled nodding. 

  Gordon grabbed my arm saying,"Thank you, Y/N. There bridges are going to get closed down. We can't risk any getting off the island. Don't take any unnecessary risks, got it? You help anyone you can and stay safe. Understand?"

  I smiled and nodded saying,"Got it, Jim. I will be careful. I guess this is goodbye, till I see you again. Good luck!!"

  Jim nodded and gave me one more hug, before he left in a separate direction. I ran through the narrows of Gotham and led anyone I could to safety. With the families, I made sure everyone was together. I mean, I would want to protect mine, if they let me.

  Anyways, I spotted a young boy talking to one of the policemen. He looked scared, and I rushed to his side.

  He had tears in his eyes and said,"I can't find my mommy. Will you help me?"

  I immediately nodded and asked him what she looked like. I grabbed his hand and led him through the streets of Gotham. I stopped for one second, but I saw men surrounding us. 

  The boy began to shake, and I calmly said,"What's your name?"

  He seemed confused as to why I was so calm, but he replied saying,"Blake. My name is Blake."

  I smiled but noticed the men getting closer to Blake and I. I took out my gun and gently pushed us back. 

  I ran my fingers through his hair and said,"Close your eyes. I got you.."

  I went to use my gun, but felt strong arms pull me and Blake up. I immediately felt comfortable in their arms and realized who it was. 

  Batman gently put us down, before he asked Blake,"You all right, kid?"

  Blake nodded, but he was in too much shock to say anything. I smiled and kissed his forehead, before I turned to Batman. I rocked on my heels and cleared my throat. Batman chuckled deeply, but he pulled me in for a kiss. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck.

  Bruce smiled in the kiss, but he brought his hands down to my waistline.

  I pulled away and giggled saying,"Batman, not in front of Blake. Patience, Bats..We have talked about this, baby."

  Bruce rolled his eyes, and I hit his shoulder.

  He pulled me close and said,"I want you out of here, all right? Yes, that means your your house. Y/N, do not argue with me.."

  I sighed and nodded saying,"Okay, stop giving me that Batglare. It is scaring me..You better get home in one piece, okay? I love you, Batman."

  Batman nodded and said,"I love you, too."

  Batman then looked down at Blake saying," Stay safe, buddy."

  Batman ruffled Blake's hair and kissed me once more, before he jumped down. I watched Bruce leave and ran Blake and I to my parent's house. I knocked on the door and my mom opened it. She looked down at Blake and put her hand over her mouth, but she smiled and screamed in pure delight.

  I rolled my eyes but said,"Geez, Mom, he is not mine!! Blake will just be spending the night with me for a while. May we come in?"

  Mom nodded and let us pass. I hugged her for a minute, and Mom smiled making her way into the kitchen. I led Blake upstairs and ran bath water for him. I grabbed him a t-shirt and some shorts, before I let him have his privacy. 

  As I waited on Blake, I got changed into my pajamas and made sure Alfred and the boys were okay.

  I was brought out of my thoughts, when I heard Blake say,"Y/N?"

  I hmmed in responded, before I turned towards Blake.

  He walked over to me, and I noticed his shirt was over his head.

  I giggled softly and smiled saying,"Hang on, baby. I am going to help you get through this."

  I pushed his head through the shirt, and Blake fell on the floor. I smiled and carried him over to my bed. I tucked him in, before I put him to sleep. 

  I kissed his forehead and ran my fingers through his hair. 

  I stayed with him for a minute, until I heard Mom ask me,"Y/N, can we talk?"