Chapter 45

Brees POV

As we walked into the club the smell of sweat and alcohol hit me like a punch in the face and caused my nose to scrunch. The music was blaring in my ears and the strong bass was causing the floor to slightly vibrate.

"Come on lets go get a drink," Kian yelled into my ear. I nodded and followed closely behind him making sure my hand did not leave his. As we came up to the bar Hope immediately ordered a round of shots. Hope quickly handed me and Kian one and clicked our glasses before downing hers and grabbing another.

As i slowly brought the dark glass to my lips the strong rustic smell hit me and stung the inside of my nose. As i pour it into my mouth i threw my head back and let the vial liquid run down my throat. l set the glass down on the counter and Hope went to hand me another one, but i quickly put my hands up in defense.

"Im good," i said trying not to sound rude.

"Are you sure," she said sounding slightly confused.

"Yeah, one of us needs to stay sober enough to drive and i think hes already a little to far gone," i said motioning over to Kian who was finishing his 4th glass.

We both laughed as she nodded in agreement. She quickly drank mine and grabbed my hand as we started walking to the dance floor. A remix of "What Do You Mean" by Justin Bieber was playing loudly as different colored strobe lights lit up the room. The room was packed with tons of drunk and sweaty bodies jumping around in multiple directions.

After another two songs had played i looked up and kian and leaned into his ear.

"Im going to go to the bathroom ok," i said and looked at him to see his answer. He nodded at me as i slowly pushed my way through the crowds of people.

I quickly walked into the bathroom and found it surprisingly clean. At most of the clubs ive been to there has almost always been graffiti on the walls and at least one drunk girl either crying, puking or sleeping in the corner. But this one had neither and was in amazingly good shape.

I quickly walked to the last stall and locked it behind me before going to the bathroom and struggling to fix my dress. After i finished i walked over to the sink and washed my hands. I toon a look in the mirror and was surprised to see that my hair and only slightly frizzed and my makeup was still perfectly in tack. I quickly patted down my hair and slightly wiped and the little bits of sweat that had formed on my forehead before heading back into the club.

I scanned the room looking for any sign of Hope or Kian and quickly noticed Hope standing at the bar. I walked over to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Wheres Kian," i asked her as she turned towards me.

"Hes dancing-g" she said stuttering. Her words her already starting to slur and i knew for a fact that i would be the one driving. I softly laughed at her before heading towards the dance floor.

"Hey there sexy, wanna dance," i heard a deep voice whisper in my ear followed my hand being placed in my ass. I quickly turned around and my eyes immediately met the ones of the man who was talking to me. He was tall and muscular with dark brown hair and piercing blur eyes. His line was strong and perfectly structured and his dipples were deep enough to swim in. The man was gorgeous.

But he was defiantly not Kian.

"Fuck off," i said, quickly pushing his large hand off of my body.

I was now starting to panic as my eyes quickly around the large room. Suddenly my eyes spotted the chocolate brown slightly quiffed hair i had been desperately searching for. But as my eyes slowly focused, and realization finally hit me, my heart instantly shattered into a million pieces.

As Kian turned slightly i got a full view of the skinny blonde girl his lips were attached to. As her body pressed against his and his hand moved down her back i felt my legs start to go limp and i immediately felt dizzy.

The room around me began to spin and tears started to fill my eyes. My breathing suddenly became quick and erratic as my chest tightened.

As i pushed my way through the masses of people it felt as though everything was going in slow motion. The ringing that had started in my ears was almost unbearable as i made my way through the door that lead outside.

The cold air stung my face as i stumbled along the pavement, my eyesight blinded by the tears that filled my eyes. My hand met the wall and i quickly leaned against it for support. Slowly my back slid down the rough wall as sobs began to rack my body. I felt like the world around me was beginning to fall apart.

The man i left my fiancé for.

The man i left the father of my child for.

The man who has been raising my child.

The man i have been best friends with my entire life.

The man who was always there for me no matter what.

Had just broke my heart.

I needed to get out of here. I needed to leave and clear my head, because currently i couldn't seem to even be able to breath. My hands shook uncontrollably as i slowly pulled my phone out of bag. As i scrolled through my contacts my eyes landed on one. I took a deep shaky breath before my thumb slowly pressed the call button.

one ring.

two rings

three rin-

"Hello," a voice groggily muttered out.

"Brent, i need you."