Chapter 16

Hey guys so from now on I am going to try and update every day I might update more than once but so us here's the update I'm probably going to update again oh and sorry if this is bad I'm just really pissed right now because I have a Cameron Dallas sweatshirt that is signed and it's everything to me. But this morning my mom came in with it and said here you go I washed it but there is a little stain right above the logo I tried scrubbing it but it won't fully come off its almost gone but I'll wash it again if you want but that's when I started bawling because that wasn't a stain

That was his signature

Now it's almost completely faded and it just looks like a little scribble an I am beyond pissed but here is the horrible update............

Brent's POV

Standing at the door was someone that I haven't seen since I was 10.
Standing at the door was someone I thought I wasn't going to see for a loong time.
Standing at the door was someone very special to me.
Standing at the door was my role model.
Standing at the door was.......my dad.
"Dad," I screamed and pulled him in the biggest hug ever. Ok so first let me tell you a story. My dad was my superhero. When I was little we would always play football and basketball and baseball together. We would go to the park together all the time and practice my pitches or my 3 pointers or my passes. We were always together. He was my role model. He was always there for me when I needed some one to talk to. But when I was ten he said something that changed my life.

Flashback to 2007 (Brent was 10)

"Kids can you come downstairs for a second," my dad yelled from downstairs. I paused my video game and headed downstairs. He had all of us sit on the couch and he sat next to my mom and held he hand. His facial expression made it very clear that he had something very important to talk about. He took a deep breath and started to talk.
"Kids I know this is going to be hard in you but I have to go to Afghanistan with the arm and I'm going to be gone for a while. I'm sorry but I have do go."
I froze my dad was leaving to go fight in the war, I knew I wasn't going to see for a long time. And just like that my dad was gone and my heart shattered.

End of flashback

I held into my dad as tight as possible and he hugged me right back. Soon I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Hey Brent who was at the do- DADDY!!!!" Lexi screamed before running over and grabbing on up him. We were in a group hug and all crying when another person came down.
"What the heck is all the yelling abo-DAD," soon Brice ran over and we were all in a big group hug. We all finally let go and made our way to the kitchen were Bree was standing making popcorn.
"Oh hey Bree, I would like to introduce you to someone," I said as she turned around.
"Bree this is my dad, dad this is my girlfriend Bree," I said still smiling. I have stopped smiling since I opened the door.
"Hi," Bree said," I'm Bree Davis, I'm also the next door neighbor."
"Hi I'm Justin but I would prefer if you called me Mr. Rivera," my dad said. Suddenly the door opened and there stood my mom. She saw my dad and fell straight to the floor. She started crying and crying. My dad went over to her and she immediately grabbed on to him and hugged him probably tighter than I did which I didn't know was possible. They stood up and kissed. It was really sweet how much my mom loved my dad. And how they still stayed faithful after 6 almost 7 years. They finally stop hugging and we all started talking.
"So Brent, how long have you and Bree been together," my dad asked. I looked at the clock and thought about it.
"A 2 days," I said. "I just asked her out yesterday but her parent army home so she spending a while her."
"Oh ok," he said. After about an hour of talking everyone went to bed and me an Bree stayed down and watched the rest of the movie before she fell asleep laying down next the me with her head on my chest.