{ Chapter One }

12 years later

Manhattan , New York

Brione

"Run this last lap like a damn dog is on your ass!" My coach yelled at me . "Pick your knees up!"

"Let's go Bri!" My teammates clapped , cheering me on .

Even though I'm tired , I picked my knees up and finished this lap strong because if coach feel I didn't do my best , he'll make me run an extra five laps .

"Good job Bri . See y'all tomorrow." He waved and walked off .

I crouched over to catch my breath then I stood and placed my hands on top of my head while controlling my breathing .

"Girl I wish I had your strength and endurance cause I be ready to die out there." My teammate , Melanie , exaggerated .

I chuckled . "All you have to do is practice." I shrugged . "I'll see y'all tomorrow."

"See you later." They said in unison .

I grabbed my belongings and started my journey home . I'm so tired and sweat is covering my body making the fabric of my shirt stick to me .

I stripped out of my shirt and tossed it over my shoulder .

I gained a couple of whistles and stares from men who continuously tries to talk to me .

I crossed the street and went into the corner store .

I waved at the lady who owns the store .

"Hello gorgeous . Just came from practice?" She glances at me .

I nodded .

I went to the beverage section and grabbed a strawberry melon brisk . Brisks are my favorite .

I went to the counter and placed it there as I retrieved two dollars from my pocket . I handed it to her and she gave me back my change .

"See you later girly." She waves .

"See you later ." I walked out the store with my brisk in my hand . I twist the top to open then I drunk some . It's sooo delightful .

I caught a group of guys watching me so I put my top back on my drink and started walking home again .

I was nearly a block away when a red Bugatti started following me . I didn't pay it no mind .

"Do you know that car is following you?" An old man called out from his yard .

I looked at him and nodded .

"Want me to call the police?" He stood from his rocking chair .

I shook my head 'no' .

He had a look of concern on his face .

I continued walking until I reached home .

"Wassupp Bri." Carmen greeted me . She lives right next to me and she's cool people . I don't really associate with her like that because I don't trust her .