{ Chapter Twelve }

"Mom." I skipped to the kitchen to see her crouched against the counter with her face rested into her hands . She lightly sighs and stands to look at me . She flashes a weary smile .

"Yes baby?"

Her eyes were black and cold . She seemed angry but tried her hardest to hide it .

"What's wrong?" I walked to her .

She shook her head and walked away from me , opening the refrigerator door .

"Are you okay?" I frowned .

"I'm fine baby." She mumbled . I felt her vibe becoming strong . I was almost fearful . She pulled out a banana and started to peel it .

"I was just letting you know that I'm going for a run." I pointed to the door . She nodded her head and face her lap top .

Her frowned deepens as she read over the lines . I slowly walked to get a closer look . She quickly turned to me with a mug on her face .

"I thought you said you're going for a run?"

I stopped in my tracks and bit my lips .

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked once again .

"Brione go for a run before I give you something to run from." She said with a deep tone.

I was shocked from her comment but decided to not press on .

As I walked from the kitchen , Zay ran passed me but I grabbed his arm .

"I advised to just leave her alone . She's not in the mood." I told him .

"What's wrong her?" He frowned .

I shrugged . He sighed then walked to the couch . Bracen ran from upstairs and rushed to the door not even acknowledging us .

"Bracen!" My mother called out before he could even exit . She walked into the living room with that same mug on her face . I looked to Bracen and realized his eyes were blood shot red .

"Where are you going?" She inquired calmly .

"Out." He said with attitude .

"I know you're not going out to deal no dope." She walked closer .

"I'm grown . The fuck? You don't have no authority over me." He turned to her .

"You're in my fucking house right? So what I say goes . That dope dealing shit is over with!" She raised her voice .

"I'm doing what's required for me to stay in this fucking house . I'm working on my damn GED , right? So what I do on my free time is my fucking choice . Go somewhere before I send your ass back to prison." He challenged .

"You're challenging me Bracen? You should know more than anyone in this fucking world to not try me." Her eyes became fierce and boiled with anger .

"You're not my fucking mother ! Never was , never will be! I'm out!" He opened the door .

"Walk out the fucking door and I promise you won't have to worry about coming back." She said with more authority .

He froze as if he's contemplating on whether he should walk out or not . He slightly begins to close the door .

"Fuck this." He mumbles then walks out the door , slamming it in the process .

I gasped as I looked at my mom . Her facial expression remained the same as she walks back into the kitchen .

"Damn what just happened?" Zay asks .

I frowned at his choice of words . Instead of responding , I just shook my head and walked out the door .