{ Chapter Seventeen }

"Sometimes I hate myself enough to jump off a cliff."

"Why?"

"Because I know one day I will make a mistake and ruin everything. I just know it's coming and I'm scared."

"Girl you have nothing to worry about."

"Brione!" I jumped when I heard my mother calling for me . I examined myself in the bathroom mirror then made my way to her .

I found her in the backyard with a blunt sitting between her lips . She was laying on a blanket , starring into the night sky .

"Wassup mom?" I joined her , resting my hands behind my head .

She didn't respond . The only thing that could be heard was the crickets and the hidden owls that were in the trees . Honestly , the night was beautiful .

She silently handed me a piece of paper . I grasped the paper and unfolded it .

"Pick a place." She said softly .

I scanned over it and noticed it was a list of different states .

I pointed to the third one on the list .

"Jamaica." I told her.

"Put a star beside it." She handed me a pencil and I obeyed .

"How many a's do Jamaica have?" She inquired .

I frowned . "Three?"

"How many a's do you actually hear?"

"One." I turned to her .

"There is one safe in Jamaica that belongs to you . The other two belongs to Zay and Bracen." She informs me . "A vowel that you actually hear in each state belongs to you. The silent ones belongs to the boys . Zay is able to choose which letter he wants ."

"I'm confused. How do I actually know the safe belongs to me?"

"The letter is on each safe." She says .

"Where are they in each place?"

She closes her eyes for a brief second .

"You see that star." She points to the brightest one thats sitting west of every other star.

"Yea."

"All of their beaches have palm trees . Face the palm trees and look up at the night sky . Find the brightest star and follow it . It will lead you to it." She bit her lip .

I stared at the stars .

"Zay already knows what to do . If you ever forget just follow him or your heart."

"We will have you so it wouldn't matter." I tucked my hair behind my ear .

She chuckles . "Zay said the exact same thing."

I watched as she smoked her blunt , relaxing herself .

"Are we still moving to Florida?" I asked her .

"If you want." She shrugs . "Hisan is taking y'all to a gun range tomorrow . So be ready by time he gets here."

"Okay." I sat up and looked over at her. She looks at me and smiles .