{ Chapter Fourteen }

Editing later

The next morning I woke up in my mother's bed . Why? Because I continuously felt a bad vibe outside of my window . I didn't want my mom to go out and investigate so I decided to say nothing and all and come sleep with her . As always she didn't mind but she kept calling me a big baby .

I snuggled underneath her covers when she came from the bathroom .

"Girl you're still here?" She laughed . I stuck my tongue out at her and decided to get up and take care of my hygiene . When I stood up , I started to feel dizzy . Instantly , images of my mom came to view including my little brother . I saw blood everywhere . It covered the concrete and the cars .

"Brione , are you okay?" I heard her voice but it was an echo .

My mom was running towards me while a car was an inch behind her . A bullet flew through the air and went straight through her chest , sending her to the ground .

"Mom!" I screamed .

"Open your eyes baby girl . Please open your eyes." I felt myself being secured in her arms . I cried into her chest as she cradled me like a baby .

"What did you see?" She whispered into my ear , stroking my hair .

"I-I.." I couldn't speak .

I opened my eyes and I paused . I sat up in the bed and noticed my mom wasn't around . I wasn't even in her bed .

"Mom!" I screamed for her . I was scared , confused . I couldn't quite understand the puzzle .

She ran into my room and gave me a concerned look . She jogged to my bed side then pulled me close to her .

"What's the matter?"

"I thought I was in your bed." My voice cracked .

"You were but you left in the middle of the night." She frowned . "Are you okay?"

I looked away to gather my thoughts . It was like a dream inside of a dream . It was surreal .

"Was it a nightmare?" Her eyes were sad and gloomy .

"Just give me a minute . I need to think." I sniffed . She rubbed my back in a circular motion as I breathed .

My mom comforted me and convinced me to take a hot shower while she cooked us some breakfast . I did what I was told and indeed the shower helped me calm my nerves but the dream was still mystery to me .

As I stepped out the shower , a slight pain went across my chest . It stung for a minute but then it went away . I frowned as I continued on to get ready for the day .

--

"Don't forget about Zay's basketball game tonight." My mom reminded me .

"I haven't." I spoke as I fixed my plate . My mom cooked pancakes , bacon , eggs , and a
fruit salad . She loves fruit salad .

"Where is he?" I turned to her .

She pushes her glasses up on her nose . "He spent the night over one of his teammate's house." She bit into her bacon .

I sat down at the table , pouring some syrup onto my pancakes .

"Is the family coming down for my graduation?" I asked . It would really mean a lot to me if they would come . I want to meet them and spend time with them as much as I can especially since my mother came back into my life .

"I'm not sure but I'll send them a memo about it." She sipped her orange juice .

I nodded as I continued to eat my food . Again , another pinch of pain came across my chest . I started breathing heavily .