{ Chapter Three }

Raheem in mm
--

I allowed Bryce to sleep in my room for the remainder of the night . I opened my eyes to find him secured in my arms . I looked over my shoulder and noticed it was the weekend , 8:30 a.m .

I didn't have practice today and I'm sure Raheem have plans so I'm not sure what I want to do . I would love to stay at home and just chill but the way last night went and the way my life is set up , I'll just rather go out and take Zay with me .

Since Zay is a heavy sleeper , I just slid from underneath him . I went into my bathroom and did my hygiene routine along with washing my hair . I'm thinking about cutting it again .

After getting dressed and doing my hair , I woke Zay and told him to get ready .

He had some clothes already in my room for situations like this .

Y'all are probably wondering what's the issue ? Why are they so cruel ? Why are they so twisted ?

Unfortunately , I do not have the answers . I first notice their sanity when I was in the eighth grade and I came home with a letter . Before Kirsten could even read it , she whooped me thinking it was a letter about bad behavior but it was actually a letter saying that I was accepted to a academic program which is what I didn't attend to .

I remember they thought I had sex with Raheem one night and they both proceeded to whoop me . I don't know if the things they do are considered abuse but they can become cold hearted at times like not allowing us to eat or leave the house .

One time it got so bad that Bryce had gotten sick . Somehow uncle Hisan found out and was blowing up Charlie's phone . Of course he made up a good ass lie as to why Zay was kept in the hospital .

I always wonder why he haven't tried to come and get us . I'm not even sure where he is . I used to wish Hisan would come and save us but I gave up on that wish .

It hurt that I haven't seen my family in a long time . I barely remember them .

I remember the day I was put into someone else's home . They were treating me well but the system separated me from Zay so I was heartbroken about that . I wouldn't eat , sleep , anything that pertains to me surviving , I refused to do it . Not only that , I wanted my mom .

We were finally reunited when I was 13 . Charlie and Kirsten took us in . In a short amount of time I learned that he knew my family but he didn't want to tell how he knew them .

"I'm ready Bri." He stood in front of me as I placed my shoes on .

"Alright . Let's go." I grabbed my phone and car keys .

It's odd that after all these years , Charlie and Kirsten have not provided for me or my little brother . Maybe a place to sleep is one thing but actually buying me things that I need to help me succeed , for example , my car .. They didn't buy me this , not even my phone .

My phone came through the mail by an anonymous person along with a couple hundred dollar bills . My car was weirdly driven in the yard by a man and it had a note attached to it saying for Brione .. From yours truly ..

The man couldn't tell me who it was from .

Who could this be ? I had enough courage to call my uncle and he said he has no idea about that and he have nothing to do with it . The craziest thing occurred to mind like what if it's my mother but it couldn't be her because she's not even able to have visitors so how will that be possible .

More than once we had envelopes sent to the house with Bryce and my name on it . Inside held a large amount of money . Every time we get it , I put half of it in my safe and I spend the rest on me and my little brother .