{ Chapter Fifteen }

"Mom you promise you wouldn't do anything to them." I complained as we walked into the house .

"I don't remember promising anything." She shrugs . She tosses her keys on the coffee table and started walking to the kitchen . Zay and I followed .

"Why would you do that mom?"

"The bitch was talking too much . I was gone let them go harm free but she pushed my buttons . At least I gave her tongue back." She rolls her eyes .

"You're too dangerous." Zay mumbles .

"Do you feel threaten by me?" She looks at us .

We both shook our head 'no'

"Then I'm not dangerous." She went through the cabinets and refrigerator . "What are we going to eat tonight?"

"Stop trying to change the subject! You always do that!" I yelled . "Are you planning on hurting anyone else?"

"Are you willing to let people invade our lives and break our family apart again?" She eyed me hard .

I swallowed my spit .

"That's what I thought. The only places that you will be allowed to go is school and practice . Nothing in between." She pointed at us .

"Mom you can't keep us locked in the house." Zay argued .

"It's better than having y'all wild out there . Don't you see even when y'all are under my wing anything can happen . These mother fuckers are getting bold." She huffed and slammed a packet of meat on top of the counter .

"Mom just listen to us-"

"I'm not going to loosing another one of my babies." She said with teary eyes . "You can say I'm being unfair but to be truthful , I don't know what to do! I'm the only one here who can protect y'all and I feel like I'm failing ." She broke down in tears .

"I'm trying my best but I feel like I'm loosing. I can't-" Zay walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her .

"Mom stop stressing about it. We will be okay . You have to believe that." He tried to comfort her .

"We trust you and we have faith in you . We're protecting you and you're protecting us . That's how it goes so we're good , right?" He turned to me for clarification .

I nodded my head in agreement .

She looked up at Zay and smiled . "Follow me." She grabbed Zay's hand then she grabbed mine . She led us up the stairs and into her bedroom .

"Sit." She said . We obeyed and sat on the floor while she went underneath her bed and pulled out a silver box . It was medium size with Bracen's , Zay's , Ba'Meir's , and my name carved on the top along with music notes and hearts surrounding it .

"This belongs to all of you." She rubs the box .

"It's nothing paranormal is it?" Zay frowns .

She chuckles , "No . This box contains all the information that you need to gather what's yours." She glances at us .

"If this box is destroyed or misplaced then everything you could've had is gone. This is so important , you guys I can't even express how valuable this is."

"What's in it?" I asks .

"Everything that's been gathered and saved since you was a baby and I know this will be helpful to you guys." She pushes the box towards us . "No matter what happens between y'all , make sure that you all get your portion."