{ Chapter Twenty Five }

It's been fun being in Jamaica . We haven't had any bad luck since that night we arrived here .

As we were packing up our things to go home , I couldn't help but to noticed my mom sitting on the couch staring at her phone . She been doing this for the pass two hours . I don't even think she have packed yet .

"Mom , are you okay?" I sat next to her . She slightly smirks and scratches her scalp .

"I'm fine baby." She sighs . "I'm just contemplating on whether I want to call an old friend of mines."

"Who?" Brione chimes in . I watched as she sat on the comfy sofa chair . Her belly have gotten bigger .

"Jessica . She was my assistant." She explains .

"Is there something going on?" I asked .

"No . It just been awhile since I've spoken to her . I'm just wondering how she's doing." She shrugs .

Brione pushes her phone closer to her .

"Call her."

She smirks and picks up her new iPhone 6s . She dials a number then press the call button . She had the phone on speaker so we could hear the phone ringing .

"Hello?" Someone answers .

"Is this Jessica Cox?" My mom asks .

"Yes this is she."

"Um .. Hey Jessica . It's Brooklyn .. Brooklyn Rivera."

The person on the other end gasps .

"Brooklyn?! Is that really you??"

"Yes this is me." She chuckles .

"Ooh my fucking gosh .. B !" It sounded like she was getting emotional .

"I havent heard from you in almost 13 years B . Where are you?"

"In Jamaica with my kids."

"You have your kids with you??! How did you get them back?? When did they release you?!!"

My mom laughs . "Shit .. That doesn't even matter . I'm back and I'm better." She quoted Bryson Tiller . My mom is in love with him .

"Damn B . I fucking miss you!"

"I miss you too girl . So tell me what's been up?" She waved at us as she takes her phone off speaker , gesturing us to leave . Brione playfully turned up her nose then stands to walk away .

I got up and finished packing . I loaded the car with our bags . Bri and I got settled in . Mom was still conversing over the phone .

"She's not able to have any kids?"

She got in the car and started it up .

"Awe man . That's messed up." She said into the phone . "Well we're about to head home . Hopefully we can make plans to meet."

She laughs then said her goodbyes .

"It's crazy how people are cruel enough to beat you to the point where you can't have any kids." She shook her head then begin to drive .

"Poor her." Brione pouted .

"Yea . She's looking into adopting a baby . I wish her the best of lucks." She twists her mouth .

"Who's she?" Curiosity burned within me .

"Jessica's younger sister. I think."