{ Chapter Two }

Bryce in mm

--

The Next Morning

I shook my little brother .

"Five more minutes." He mumbled .

"No! You have to get ready now!" I sighed . This is an everyday thing with him . He doesn't like getting up early but you have to get your education one way or another .

"Bryce I will count to five. Three.." Before I knew it , he hopped out the bed and ran to the bathroom .

I smirked to myself . More than often I'll pour a bucket of ice on him so he grew to understand when I count , I skip numbers .

I went into the kitchen to prepare for breakfast . I set out some eggs , bacon , and chocolate chip pancakes .

I grabbed the skillets and begin to cook .

Kirsten walked in with her daughter , Dasia , behind her .

"Good morning sweet heart." Kirsten greets me .

"Morning." I stated dully .

Dasia sat at the table , paying us no mind . She continued to type away on her phone . I rolled my eyes at the little brat . She's 13 and has the worst attitude ever . I keep my distance because my attitude can get worser .

Zay walked in with a dull facial expression . I glanced at him as he was reading a letter .

"Good Morning Brycey." Kirsten smiles .

"Stop calling me that." He mugged her . Kirsten slightly rolls her eyes . She's a grown woman and acts as if she's a teen . I really don't like her .

"What's wrong?" I turned back to the pancakes .

He handed me the paper without saying a word . I scanned over it and a smile spreaded across my face .

"Ooh my .. Zay! You was accepted into the academic banquet! Why aren't you thrilled?" I pushed his shoulder .

He bit his jaw as he pointed to the bolded letters at the bottom .

"Can be escorted by guardian or parent." I looked at him . I know he doesn't want to be escorted by Kirsten or Charlie.

"Everybody got their dad or their mom escorting them." He sighed .

"You don't want me to walk you in kiddo?" Kirsten asks as she places some bacon onto her plate .

"I don't know." He mumbled .

"You want mom?" I leaned on the counter . Kirsten glances at me strangely as she bit into her bacon .

He sighed . "I hate her." He muttered .

"Don't say that Zay . I'm positive that if she's able to be here for us then she would be."

"When will I see her then? Why haven't I seen a picture of her? Why Charlie and Kirsten don't like to talk to us about her ? I know that he knows where she is . Even you! Where is she? It must be bad because y'all were confident enough to tell me that our father is dead ! What is it? She doesn't want us? What's the issue Brione?!" He yelled with steaming tears his eyes .

I stared down at the floor as I wiggled my toes . I don't know why it's so hard to tell him where she is . Kirsten swallows her bacon oddly as she wipes the grease off her hand onto her robe . Dasia perked up as if we were a interesting movie .