{ Chapter Sixteen }

A Few Months Later

I don't remember sleeping . I don't remember coming into my room and sitting across my bed . I don't remember how I got here .

I watched as the sun rose and set into the sky . I listened to the birds singing and trying my best to enjoy the day that's being created .

Today is the day that I am graduating . I should be ecstatic . I should be rolling over in pure happiness and excitement but I'm not . Honestly , I'm scared and I'm hurt .

Not from the craziness thats been going on . Not from the changes that my mother is going through . Not from the sudden urge to just move away from it all but from the changes in my body and how my body is reacting to food , smell and etc .

Just a few minutes ago , I took multiple tests that will give me clarification on what I'm thinking and hoping that's not true .

I snuck and retrieved the tests from the local corner store .

My timer beeped indicating that it's time to see the results . I sighed as my nerves begin to become jittery . I walked to my bathroom and closed the door . I leaned over the counter to read all six results . Every single last one of them said the same thing . I twisted my lips while stripping out of my clothes . I turned on the shower head and made sure it was warm enough for my liking . I stepped inside and allowed the water to soothe me but then I broke down .

Combined together were my tears and the water running . I hope my cries couldn't be heard .

I held my knees against my chest and rocked myself , pulling my hair in the process .

What have I done?

--

"My baby is graduating!" My mom sanged as we drove to my school . I tried my best to smile and show happiness but it was hard .

"I will record everything for you big sis." Zay showed me his video camera that our mom had purchased for him .

I nodded my head and smiled .

"My baby is growing up!" My mom fans her eyes . Seeing the smile on my mom's face made me smile but only for a brief second .

"Go Brione . Go , Go , Go Brione!" My mom danced in her seat .

Zay laughed and I slightly chuckled .

She continued to encourage me and came up with catchy songs off the top of her head until we reached our destination . We hopped out the car and walked to the entrance .

My mom haven't stopped smiling since she woke up .

When we got inside , that's when she really got excited .

"My baby." She hugs me . I held her tight . She released me and stared into my eyes . I'm praying she doesn't see my hurt and fear .

She frowns . "Wha-" She was interrupted by our principal telling us that it was time for us to line up .

I kissed her cheek and ran to join the rest of my classmates .