{ Chapter Nineteen }

So we're now on our way to meet with this recruiter . Brione is happy and so am I . I had my favorite knife tucked in my bra and my glock in my panties so I'm well prepared for anything .

In the midst of our journey , I felt the need to throw up and for some reason my attention went to Brione's stomach. My daughter is petite . Amber was the same way . One thing that I noticed that seemed to be the same with Amber and my daughter , was that small pudge that could only be seen by my eyes . One major difference is that my daughter's pudge is maybe an inch or two bigger .

At that moment , I zoned out . I could hear Brione speaking to me but it was an echo . Her laughs turned into an echo .

I shook the thought out of my mind because she's my baby girl . She's still planning on running track in college and everything so she couldn't be ..

"Mom can you hear me?" Brione laughs .

"What?" I turned to her . I didn't even realize I have parked let alone reached our destination .

"Come on mom!" She cheers as she climbs out the car . She stood there , gesturing me to get out . I watched her intensively .

I cut the car off and cautiously climbed out .

"Brione baby." I chuckled . "You're getting fat."

She gasps . "No I'm not!" She seemed offended .

"You are . Stay away from those hot pockets." I poked her shoulder .

She glanced down at her body and nervously chuckled . She wore a black fitted dress that flowed over her body , hiding her curves but she still looked beautiful .

I had to rub my neck to keep my anxiousness from exploding .

There's no way that my daughter could be ..

"Hello my name is Carla Abdullah." She stretched a friendly hand .

"Hello I'm Layla Peterson . Brione's aunt." I introduced myself .

"It's nice to meet you." Carla is a tall Caucasian woman who has a body of a model . Her hair is shoulder length and dyed blonde .

We sat down and immediately started talking about Brione's future .

I scoped her out and sense nothing off . She seems genuine .

"I know you have other recruiters calling you and trying to make arrangements but I promise you that our school has the best .." I tuned out when I noticed a dude walking back and forwards outside as if he's anticipating on his next move .

He frantically takes out his phone and places it against his ear .

My eyes wandered around the restaurant and instantly fell upon a group of men , sitting and conversing amongst themselves . Now and then they will glance over at us .

I felt a bit uncomfortable .

"Auntie did you hear that?" Brione nudges my shoulder .

"Huh?"

"Because of my academics and athletic history , they have a scholarship offer for me which will cover all four years."