Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Birdwhistle and Weedwhisker trotted into camp, Sedgepaw's body sprawled across them. Duskpaw padded slowly behind, Sparrowpaw leaning on her shoulder.

"Not my kit!" Bluestorm wailed. "Not Sedgepaw!"

Tawnypaw lay beside Reedstorm, his soft dark red pelt calming her shock. "Sedgepaw..."

Nettlesplash burst into the clearing. "Let me look!" She padded forward, sniffing his pelt. She seemed to think about something, before her ears drooped as Tawnypaw's heart sank. "He's with StarClan now."

"No!" Bluestorm wailed. "No!"

Pinefoot padded up to her. "He's with Redheart."

"No! Redheart didn't deserve to die, and neither did Sedgepaw!" Bluestorm buried her face into her sons fur. Sparrowpaw came, and Stormpaw, who had just gotten back from hunting.

Tawnypaw just lay beside Reedstorm, a wail growing in her throat.

Reedstorm licked her ear. "Go say goodbye."

Tawnypaw was even more soothed by his voice. "You never say goodbye. I'll meet him again, so there's no point in saying goodbye."

Reedstorm curled himself around her. "Then maybe he'll visit your dream."

Tawnypaw sighed before the last of Reedstorm's soft breath went away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tawnypaw opened her eyes. But now she was standing in a gloomy forest. It's trees were burnt, and a heavy mist clung to the air.

"Hello."

Tawnypaw looked behind her. A silver-and-white tom was standing in front of her.

"My name is Splashheart. Any clue of who I am?"

"You were the one who tried to take over the clans! What am I doing here?" Tawnypaw spat.

The cat slithered towards Tawnypaw. "Oh, but you don't know the whole story."

"I don't want to hear it, so let me go." Tawnypaw suddenly wondered which way was RiverClan.

"Tawnypaw!"

Tawnypaw looked forward. A starry figure was walking towards her. "Sedgepaw?"

"Stay away from her, Splashheart." The cat licked Tawnypaw's ears.

"Is that you, Sedgepaw?" Tawnypaw asked bluntly.

"No, it's your mother." Tawnypaw could faintly make out the colour of dark gray under her starry pelt.

"Minnowtail?" Tawnypaw gasped.

Minnowtail nodded. "Yes." She then shot a menacing glare at Splashheart before helping Tawnypaw up. "Let's go to StarClan."

Tawnypaw sighed. Her mothers scent was filled with lilacs. "Applefire says that I do stuff you did."

"Now does he? Like what?"

"Attacking a badger."

"I saw that. You were really brave."

"Minnowtail."

"Yes?"

"Why did you leave?"

"I died."

"How?"

"I had GreenCough the night you were born. Unfortunately, only you made it."

Tawnypaw shrugged. "Can you show me Sedgepaw?"

Minnowtail smiled down at Tawnypaw. "Sure. Come with me."

A/N Thanks for letting me use your characters in my book, CrazystarThunderClan!