Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

Tawnystar dashed through the trees, Reedstorm by her side. Whitefur had seemed to fled back to his own camp. She had invited Reedstorm to come. Sadly, another death had been brought to both, the clans and Dark Forest. Grayboulder, the three of them now warriors, had been slayed by a warrior. Before anything else happened, Willowstone and Flamerock had killed the culprit. Tawnystar remembered how she had killed two warriors in her fury of Applefire.

"We're almost there. Hold on, their camp is dug really deep in the ground, and if you fall over the edge you could lose a life." Reedstorm warned her.

They slowly crept closer, until the ferns parted and Tawnystar could see the camp, blood covering the ground. She saw Whitefur looking over the camp. Redwhisker had also joined her, so they all slipped out of the bushes.

"What now? Do you want to lose another life?" He taunted.

Reedstorm looked shocked. "ANOTHER life?"

Tawnystar tried to block out his startled meow. "I'll lose all of them before I stop trying to fight you."

Whitefur smiled evily. "Here you are, seeming so noble. But you would DIE? Use all nine lives?"

Tawnystar growled. "I would use a million." Without waiting for Whitefur's remark, she leapt at him. He sidestepped, but she twisted in the air. Before he had time to do anything, she had knocked him to the ground. They became a writhing tumble of fur.

Redwhisker raced towards them. Reedstorm looked at her with curiosity. "Who are you?"

"I'm that traitors sister." She meowed, anger and sorrow mixed.

Reedstorm bunched up, about to go help Tawnystar, but as he leaped Redwhisker grabbed his scruff to hold him back. "It's her time to settle this." She meowed to him.

By now Tawnystar and Whitefur were getting close to the edge. Tawnystar got an idea. She swiped a paw over Whitefur's eyes, and he stumbled back. But he leapt at her, and she fell back. Before she knew what she should do, she sprung her back legs at Whitefur's stomach. Stunned, he got plummeted, right to the cliff. His back legs went over, but he still clung to the edge of the stone hollow. "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me."

Tawnystar stepped back, but instead he reached out for Redwhisker. He let go, and dragged her off the edge...