Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen 

Tawnypaw looked around. Stormpaw and Sparrowpaw walked up to her, their faces filled with pleasure and sorrow. Sedgepaw should've been here too, with Bluestorm watching eagerly. Tawnypaw purred with amusement thinking about Bluestorm. She quickly ran her tongue down her chest a few times, hoping it count for looking better. Maybe at her elder ceremony she would ask Nettlesplash for some lilacs to kit in her fur. 

"All cats old enough to swim join beneath SkyStone for a clan meeting!" Skystar yowled as Applefire's last patrol came in.  

"Stormpaw, Sparrowpaw, and Tawnypaw. May you please step forward." Skystar beckoned them forward with his tail. "I, Skystar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon these apprentices. They have worked hard to understand your ways of the warrior code. Then, I commend them to you as warriors in their turn." 

"Stormpaw. From this day forward, you shall be known as Stormcloud. StarClan honours your bravery and wits, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan."  

"Sparrowpaw. From this day forward you shall be known as Sparrowleg. StarClan honours your skill, and your strength. We welcome you as a full member of RiverClan." 

"Lastly, Tawnypaw. From this day forward you shall be known as Tawnyflame. StarClan honours your speed and determination. We welcome you as a full member of RiverClan." 

"Stormcloud! Sparrowleg! Tawnyflame! Stormloud! Sparrowleg! Tawnyflame!" 

Reedstorm licked her ears. "Your finally a warrior!"  

Skystar silenced them with a flick of his tail. "I have to say two more things." He turned to Cloudheart. "Cloudheart? Do you wish to become an elder?"  

Cloudheart nodded. "I do." 

"Then it is with deepest pride that I announce you RiverClan's newest elder." Skystar looked hurt. 

Maybe because Cloudheart was his mate? Or that their only daughter and son had only become warriors a season ago? "Cloudheart! Cloudheart!" Tawnyflame tried to yowl the loudest for her old mentor.  

"And last but not least, I would like to appoint new apprentices. They have reached their sixth moon, and have earned their apprentice names. Flamekit, Graykit and Willowkit. Please step forward." 

Poppyleaf frantically licked their fur. "Go on." She urged them. 

Flamekit pranced forward, Graykit bounding after him. Willowkit stepped forward more softly, her tail held high.  

"Flamekit. Until you earn your warrior name, you shall be known as Flamepaw. Your mentor shall be Thunderstorm." 

"Graykit. Until you earn your warrior name, you shall be known as Graypaw. Your mentor shall be Whiteclaw." 

"Willowkit. Until you earn your warrior name, you shall be known as Willowpaw. Your mentor shall be Clearsky." 

"Flamepaw! Graypaw! Willowpaw! Flamepaw! Graypaw! Willowpaw!"

Skystar waved his tail. "Meeting dismissed!" 

Reedstorm licked her ear. "You can sleep in my nest after your vigil tonight." 

Tawnyflame nodded sleepily. "I'm not sure how far ill make it to."

A/N does everybody like her name? Skystar decided to name her after her fire-coloured fur! And yes, Cloudheart is now an elder, with three new apprentices! Lots of change!