Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Tawnyflame stood in the middle of the clearing, her heart racing. She walked up to SkyStone. "I-"

She cut off by an angry voice. "She's never even had an apprentice!"

Skystar nodded. "But nothing says that if they still have an apprentice, that they can't become deputy." He gazed down at Tawnyflame. "Go on."

Tawnyflame gulped. "I'm sorry for all of this. I'm sorry that RiverClan had to go through all of it. But we are strong! And with all of us helping one another, we can make it through. I am glad to be RiverClan's deputy. Because I am proud." Tawnyflame hoped it worked.

"RiverClan! RiverClan! RiverClan!" The whole clan cheered.

"My mentors deputy! My mentors deputy!" Sunpaw bounced around the other apprentices. "My mentor is our deputy!"

Tawnyflame walked over to Sunpaw. "Did you want to do some battle training tomorrow?"

Sunpaw jumped around. "Yes! I love to fight!" She then stood on her hind paws, slashing an imaginary enemy.

Tawnyflame laughed. "Good. I've got lots more for you to do."

"Yes!" She then whipped around and disappeared into the Apprentice Den.

Reedstorm came up to her, purring. "Already deputy!"

Tawnyflame laughed. "You can't leave the good warriors."

Reedstorm walked beside her, pelts brushing. "Did you want to go out on a walk?"

Tawnyflame could've fallen asleep as soon as her head hit the moss, but she nodded. "Let's go." They traveled through the forest, laughing as they tripped over logs.

"So, who was Redheart?" Tawnyflame asked, wondering about her foster brothers father.

"He...he got hit by a monster like Sedgepaw. I think it was two days after Stormcloud and Sparrowleg were born."

Tawnyflame sighed. "Nothing can last, can it?"

"What's about your mother? Do you remember her?" Reedstorm asked.

"I can always remember her smell. She always smelt like lilacs." Tawnyflame lay down on SunningStone. Thy has walked to the edge of their piece of lake.

"I'm lucky. I haven't lost anyone yet." Reedstorm licked her ear. "You didn't even have any siblings."

Tawnyflame closed her eyes. "I had my old Stormkit, Sedgekit, and Sparrowkit."

Before she drifted away, she could hear Reedstorms soft voice. "You'll always have me."