6 - First meeting

The other day Seb texted: "All fixed. They like it complicated, then again." She texted back: "Meaning?" "Meeting. Tomorrow. London." "Why's that?!" "No idea. Just meeting personally?" "Call me!" "Can't right now. Give me an hour."

And he called back one hour later. "Hi. I've got two e-tickets on my phone. We can fly back the same day. Is it a problem?" "Why, no. Not really. But... I hoped we can keep our little secret a bit longer." "You mean - about your true identity?" "Yep." "Well... As far as I know they have no imagination how you or me do look like. This can still work." "Hmmm... you think so?" "Sure. I'll be Charles Hansen and you're my assistant." "But the names on the tickets...?" "What do they care? That's in the hands of their management. If somebody asks... last minute change of plans. Seb couldn't make it. All explainable. Listen, I'll need to call the airline and take care of the change of gender. I'm gonna send you the details later by mail. Have your passport ready." "I will - bye then." "Bye, love."

'Alright', Charlie thought. 'Short trip to London, no baggage required. And a little charade ahead. Hmm... If I'm gonna be my own assistant, what would I wear? I hate fucking costumes but it's gotta be convincing.' She went to her wardrobe. 'There... the grey one. God, I really hate to wear skirts, high-heels, make-up and all that. Hmm... the white blouse? It's pretty tight... Best choice, then. Let's play a game. I'm the dumb blonde. Hopefully, I won't come across too convining!' She chuckled.

Next day...

She met Seb at the airport. He stared at her when she came closer. At first he didn't recognize her but then he burst out: "Charlie, you're killing me!" She smiled back and they hugged. "Any good?" "The impersonated devil in disguise!" "Too much?" "No-no-no... absolutely perfect. The pinned-up hair, the glasses... That's so not you! I didn't even know you needed specs." "Yeah, well... I only need them for reading very small letters. Just a prop. Thought it would fit a cliché." "Well, it does. You're looking like a bloody librarian." "That was the goal." She chuckled. "But you should close that button there. I can hardly bear the view." "Cleavage?" He nodded. She fixed the button. "Better?" "Much. I'd almost humped you. Like at least ten other guys in this area. Let's check in."

On the flight Charlie suddenly got nervous. "Do you really think this'll work?" "Why not?" "Well... what if they ask you about your... my... works?" "I negotiated all your contracts, I know when you've been where." "Hmm... what about technical details? Shutter speed? Aperture? Filters?" "I can't imagine they'd want to know anything about it. If so... I'm good at making things up." She leaned back in her seat, half the way calmed down. And straightened up again. "And if they'd ask about the U2 tour?" "Then I'll tell them what you've told me. Don't worry, Charles." "Uh-oh... you mustn't call me Charles or Charlie from now on or this will go down the tubes in no time!" "Right... how shall I call you?" She hadn't thought about that, yet. "Uhmm... there's no female derivation for Seb or Sebastian, unfortunately. What do you think... Sab? The abbreviation for Sabrina?" "Good idea, let's keep it as simple as possible. Sab." "Where do we meet them?" "At the Hilton Airport Hotel." "Alright. Charles?" "Huh?" "I'm nervous." "Why, it'll be fun!" "Yeah, well... I'm not that sure." "Just wait and see. And now: Shut up, I need a nap, Sab."

At the hotel they went to the reception. "Good morning, Sir... Ma'am. Welcome at the Hilton." "Hello, we have a meeting here today. I'm not sure where exactly", Seb said. The receptionist was eager not to stare at Charlie and failed completely. "Uh... sorry, Sir - can you give me your name?" "S..." Charlie rammed her elbow warningly into his ribs. "Charles Hansen." "Thank you, Mr. Hansen. Let me see... ah... here we are. There's a reservation at our restaurant. Please ask at the desk. It's over there." He made a gesture. "Thank you." "You're welcome." Charlie gave him her cutest smile and the man blushed. "Have a nice day and enjoy your stay", he managed to squeeze out. Charlie whispered on their way to the restaurant: "Don't you do that during the meeting, Charles!" "Sorry, Sab. Won't happen again." "Hopefully!"