9 - Aftermath

After the concert... (I'll leave that to your imagination... if you've ever been to their concerts you just KNOW how great they ARE)

Ryan plunked himself down on the couch, right beside Charlie with a water bottle in his hand and stretched his legs. He was still breathing heavy. He turned his head to her. "Well, that was fun!" She nodded. "Great fun! You're fantastic!" She saw him smiling triumphantly and added: "All of you!" He chuckled. "You've had to add that, didn't you?" He drank half the bottle away, tilting his head back. "Ah! I need more." Clint went to the fridge and threw him another bottle. Ryan caught it single-handed. "Anyone else?" Everybody was nodding. "Charlie?" "No, thanks." Clint threw one bottle after the other across the room.

Ryan wiped away the sweat on his forehead with his forearm. "Phew! Thank you, guys! Good job!" He raised his bottle to them and they did the same. "Man, it was so hot in there... I'm drowning in my sweat..." "Yeah... I can smell that", Charlie said mockingly. He came a little closer, sniffing on her. "At least, you're smelling nice." "That's the difference between hard work and hanging around, just taking pictures, I guess", she was referring to a thoughtless remark he'd make earlier that day - namely that her job had to be so much easier and less exhausting, compared to his. Ryan grinned. "That enraged you, huh?" "Why, no. It was really easy to follow you, running around on stage, from one end to the other." They were all snorting with laughter. She gave him a little push. "Keep your distance. You're dripping wet." He pulled away from her. "I'm sorry. Why're you not sweating, then?" His look was suspicious. "At first: I'm perfectly fit..." He raised his brow and Charlie tried to suppress a laughter. "Second: I gave up on following you... after less than half an hour." She was rewarded by a nudge of his elbow. "Lazy cow!" he taunted her but sounding all friendly. "Well, it's the result which counts, after all", she answered, giggling.

"I think there's a good chance some of us will be on those pictures too, then", Zach smirked at Charlie. "Ryan needs to learn the world doesn't revolve around him, solely." "Ryan will punch you in the face if you don't shut up right now", the addressee replied and threw his half-full plastic bottle at Zach - who managed to fight it off by raising his leg and - hit it. For the bottle was open and cracked when it was kicked back into the direction it came from... Charlie got her share. "Oh my God, I'm sorry!" Zach shouted in genuine concern. Ryan almost split his sides laughing when she was sitting there, looking crestfallen, her hair and shirt soaking wet. "See... what goes around comes around!" Charlie couldn't help but joining in the laughter - and the others did, too.

"So... that was your baptism then, I guess", Eddie said. "Welcome to the club!" "Yeah... welcome!" Brent repeated, all relaxed in his seat, sounding tired. "Take your eyes off the wet shirt of our latest club member, Ed!" Drew giggled. "Welcome, tho!" "Like you wouldn't love her to take it off, right here, right now", Brian said to Drew and added: "Welcome, Charlotte!" She stared at him. "We'll never become best friends if you keep calling me Charlotte... But... thanks, everybody for the wet... uh... warm welcome!" She noticed very well: Everybody'd said 'welcome'. Except for one.

And that one raised from the couch, suddenly. "Before this's all ending up in a parade... I'm hungry!" He pushed back the Fedora. "Clint?" "Uhhh... well... we've got a reservation in about one hour." "What?" "Uh... sorry?" Ryan was indulgent. "What are we're going to have, my dear beloved Clint?" Clint sighed. "Is there any other thing but Sushi?" Charlie suddenly had a bad feeling in her stomach. 'Oh no... please... anything else but Sushi', she thought. 'Raw fish's just disgusting! As much as cold rice... What's it all about?!'

Thankfully, Ryan said: "Sure there is. Pizza, for example." "Fine... for you're such a simple mind and I can read it any time... it's gonna be Pizza." Clint sighed again. "I just need to cancel the reservation at the restaurant... and call some Pizza service. I'll be looking for some shop in the neighborhood. Take a shower, meanwhile. Who wants what?"