He's my best friend.

~
Ross' P.O.V
Ouch.. My head..

My eyes adjusted to the light room as I woke up in a familiar place, my bedroom. I sighed and stretched out my arms, groaning softly as I really didn't want to move.

Such I lightweight..

I rubbed my eyes as my head stung, turning to lay on my back to look down to see that I was still fully clothed. Well, that's a relief.

I also looked to the side to see a sleepily smirking smith looking right back at me. "Morning.." He murmured quite adorably if you ask me. "H-hey.." I stuttered a little, feeling like absolute mould.

"You were fucking smashed last night, mate," he laughed and I covered my face, literally so embarrassed as I'm rarely drunk and apparently I do dumb shit which I'd rather not be reminded of..

"Did I do anything stupid?" I asked, peeking past my hands with one hand. Alex shook his head and turned a little bit more to face me.

"No, you let me smoke though so uh, sorry that your room smells grungy," he winked, wiggling his eyebrows teasingly.

"Ugh!" I groaned out or frustration, I really hate the smell of smoke and that shit gets everywhere.

Alex just laughed, I'm glad he found himself hilarious. "You also kept asking me about my sex life and accused me of getting a girl pregnant. You said something else too, but that doesn't matter right now," he said with a reassuring smile but now I'm damn curious.

Alex's P.O.V

"Tell me~" Ross whined as he always seemed to do.

"nope.." I grumbled, still hating on the morning.

"Please.." Ross' voice cracked a little. Cute. He then sat up and pouted down at me, his hair was all ruffled and his face was a little red. He was a hungover hot mess.

"It doesn't matter," I said firmly but I knew he would ask again.

He said and sighed at me, the unknown was killing him. He didn't even have to speak, I felt obliged to give in.

"You said that you're gay and apparently you're serious about that and it doesn't matter either way but.. I just 'wanna know, man.." I sighed out, getting it over and done with.

When I looked back at him he just stared back blankly. His cheeks turned a pale pink and he chewed on his lower lip.

Shit, seriousness. I don't like it.

"Mate?" I asked after a while. From his reaction it was clear that he was being honest with me when he was in his drunken state.

But that's fine.

Ross' P.O.V
Fuck..

My world came crashing down. I had known that I was gay for a while at this point. I just never really wanted to tell anyone because I just wanted to keep it to myself. I especially didn't want Smith to know, considering he bums off of Sam every day and I don't want to have to deal with him too.

My heart beat incredibly fast in my chest and my breath got a bit shaky. I held back the urge to panic and stop breathing all together. It was such a shock that he said that. I've never gotten that honest sober never mind when I'm off my face and speaking nonsense.

It was far too late to say it was a lie now, I'd been sat in external silence for about two minutes with him looking worriedly at me.

"I-I uh.." I went to speak but I struggled and just blushed, looking away from him.

I knew he wasn't homophobic in the slightest, but his friends were. And I didn't want him to treat me differently or feel weird when we are together.

"It's fine, Ross.." Alex said rather reassuringly with a smile. "You don't have to be afraid to say it, lovely. It's who you are and you shouldn't feel scared to show your friend your true colours. Colourless is boring too."

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard him say something as beautiful or as true as that.

Although I knew now that this wouldn't change anything, I certainly felt uncomfortable. I don't even know why but I just couldn't look at him the same anymore? Like something had clicked where I felt like I didn't enjoy his company anymore. But why? He's my best friend.

"You should go, Alex.. I need some.. Time," I struggled to say.

Alex just nodded and looked down. I felt bad but I just couldn't be in that situation anymore. "Sorry, I just need you to leave." I said rather bluntly, a sinking feeling in my chest.

And he left. And I felt like shit.

(to be continued)