Anonymous.

Alex's P.O.V
"I undoubtedly have a hard on for Han Solo right now.." Ross told me rather innocently as we returned in the late evening to his home again, just after our day out watching Star Wars.

He slipped his key into the lock and turned it, opening the door up as we walked inside. It was still winter, and very cold. My arms shivered as the cold air was quickly embraced by the warmth of the house.

I took my hoodie off and placed it on the floor rather messily, Ross placed his on the coat rack before picking mine up for me.

"Thanks," I told him with a cheeky grin, he just tutted and rolled his eyes at me.

I could hear the constant bleepings of the phone in the kitchen, "is someone calling?" I asked as Ross was quite ignorant to the sound.

"Nah, voicemails.. Probably my mum," He told me with a smile before we stepped through to the kitchen.

I hopped up on the surface next to the phone as Ross stood in front of me, pressing the play button to listen to their inbox.

"You have 2 new messages," the annoying voice informed us, making me chuckle a bit.

Ross rested his head on my chest as he faced the phone on his left, listening intently as I did the same.

"Hey, love! Sorry for not calling in so long, I've been very busy.. Good news is I have someone you'd love to meet, we will have to arrange something when I get back. Only three more days! Hope you haven't missed me too much, hope the house isn't a wreck! Hugs and kisses, mummy!" The familiar tone of Ross' mother spoke, there was a lot of background noise but.. What do you expect in New York City?

Ross smiled and I just about managed to see it, "forgot she was coming back," I told him with a smile and he looked up at me, his chin on my chest.

"I'm just glad she rung.. I've missed her, really. But I don't know what she'll do when I have to explain you and the painting in my room.." He told me with worry in those baby blue orbs.

"It'll be okay, its not like she'd hate you.. She's not the type to do that," I reassured him as I believed my own words 100%.

"Yeah but you know what she's like.. She's always pushing me to do stuff that I don't want--"

We were cut off by the bleeping sound again.

"Ross, it's Kim.. There's been a rumour going around online.. About that you're gay or something? I just wanted to let you know that it's out there and I.. I think I know who posted it. Please, call me back. We have a lot to discuss, later dude!" Kim's chirpy voice really didn't help the mood right now.

I looked down at Ross and saw his expression go from 100-0 real quick..

"Ross.." I went to say something but I didn't know how to, I didn't even think about who or what was mentioned but I just feared for him. This isn't the way to be outed.. Even I knew that.

His eyes welled up as he looked down at the ground, his breathing shaky. "Ross?" I asked as he was literally jittering in front of me.

I quickly hopped down and held his face in my palm, making him look at me. "Hey," I told him and he listened, "we are going to get to the bottom of this, okay? You need to relax.." I told him calmly as I nodded, not breaking eye contact once.

He just shook his head slowly and darted away from my grasp. "Ross!" I called as I ran after him.

He went straight to his room and shut the door, I hear the sound of a bolt being moved.. He'd lock me out.

I knocked on the door hard with a fist, "Ross! What are you doing? It's going to be okay I promise you.. Open the door, let me help you!" I pleaded as I didn't know what he was going to do, I didn't trust him alone in that state.

"They all know!" He whimpered shakily, inhaling afterwards deeply.

"Let me in.. Let me see, babe," I told him with pure sympathy, this surely is the worst situation for someone like Ross.

I waited and heard nothing, I pressed my face against the door before it was soon opened.

I was greeted by a red eyed Ross, who walked over to the bed where his opened up laptop laid.

He didn't say a word.. He just motioned to it with his hand before sobbing as he paced around the room.

I sat down carefully on the bed and looked at the social media sight.

Anonymous- ROSS HORNBY IS GAY, HE IS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A FELLOW STUDENT.. I SAW THEM TOGETHER AND EVERYTHING. MORE DETAILS ON WHO WAS INVOLVED AND WHAT HAPPENED, LIKE THIS STATUS!!!!

Fuck.

Fuck fuck.

100+ likes, 1200 comments.

"Ross.." I stood up as my eyes felt heavy. My head hung as I struggled to keep emotions clear.

I brought him into an embrace and he sobbed into me, I brushed through his hair softly.

"What do I do now?" He asked me in a sob and we ended up sat on the end of his bed with him tucked into my form, like a child wanting guidance.

"Nothing.. I'll like the status, get the details from this 'anonymous' person and we will sort it.. Narrow it down. And if that doesn't work then I'll go straight to Sam's house and kill the prick, he's my main suspect right now.." I try him through gritted teeth and he sniffled before nodding slowly.

"Okay.. I just can't leave here, it's not safe.. My messages are exploding.." He whimpered and I nodded in agreement.

"Let's not think about it okay, lovely? Let's get you into bed with some hot chocolate, hot water bottle and movies and you won't touch that laptop once.. Okay?" I asked him in a pet tone and he nodded, looking up at me with a smile.

"Okay, Alex.." He forced another weak smile.

It fucking killed me to see him that way.