Importance.

~
Ross' P.O.V

I don't even know what I've done, but I like it.

I thought to myself as I looked over the wet paint on my wall. I had a moment of inspiration the night before. I had so many feelings that needed to just be let out. Maybe that was the reasoning for Alex's sending of them? For me to feel a bit better about things.

The painting started as just some colours. Mostly green and yellow. I made an outline of two people. Specifically, the outline of two men. I then discovered the nicest blue colour and painted over the whole thing and it just looks like what I am feeling like. It's perfect.

I hadn't thought about Alex the past few days, I guess I was too busy thinking about myself and what I wanted to do.

Maybe I'll go visit Trott one day this week. There's no point in me sat in my home feeling bad for myself.

~

I jogged down the stairs to go get something to snack on, walking into the kitchen. I walked over to one of my cupboards, grabbing a packet of salt and vinegar crisps before sitting on my kitchen stool, eating them.

I checked through my phone with my spare hand, beginning to text Trott to see if he was free at any point this week. I smiled and sat back comfortably on the stool, feeling the best I had done these past two weeks.

Knock, knock, knock.

I looked up at shrugged, knowing that I had no plans on anyone coming over today. I placed my phone in my pocket and left the packet on the marble counter.

I jogged over to the door and opened it up after pressing the buzzer. My eyes looked up to see no other than Alex Smith.

Alex's P.O.V
Ross opened the door slowly and he looked absolutely fine. Not 'gonna lie, it was very awkward at first.

"Hey.." I said rather awkwardly, sending him a little warm smile so he knew that I was cool with him. I mean, if anything, he's the one who would have been annoyed at me.

"Smith," He said with a bright grin before opening the door more for me to walk inside.

I stepped in and he closed the door. He turned to look at me, he looked happy but I still felt like shit for forcing him to tell me his sexual preference. I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry, Rossy. I'm sorry for being a shitty friend." He just let out a sigh as he smiled, practically diving on to me as he hugged me tight.

I hated hugs, to begin with.

I patted his upper back and he calmly got off of me. "Are you kidding? You made me think about a lot of things and you made me realise that I haven't been myself for a while!" He chirped and I could not be happier for him at this moment. "I even used the paints!" He said cheerfully.

Yes! Fuck yes!

"Show me," I spoke as I knew it would be something that would give me an insight on how he felt. That's what art is about, deeper meaning.

He led me up to his bedroom and opened the door slowly and instantly I saw the most beautiful painting I've ever seen in my life. I didn't expect it to be so good considering Ross had never shown an interest in any art at all. I also didn't expect him to paint it on his fucking wall.

The painting was of two men in an embrace, with a dominant blue colour setting the tone of the whole piece. "Baby blue.." I said to myself, as this was not only my favourite colour, but it was also the same colour I had used on a piece for school. The only piece of work that I ever finished. "What..?" Ross asked quietly, he must have noticed me deeply thinking. "Baby blue," I repeated, "it's important to me. You used it! Better than I ever fucking did!" I spoke with so much pride. I was so fucking proud of him. "I just liked the colour.." He said rather innocently and I just looked at him, making eye contact. "It's the same as your eyes too, Ross.." I said, sounding like and absolute pansy. He blushed as he always did and looked down.

There must have been a reason for this, right? Or am I just exaggerating a coincidence..?