Chapter 34

Chapter 34

It had been two days. Two days. Two days since I had spoken to Mr. Styles, although now I don't think I have the right to address him as my teacher; maybe I should call him by his first name.

Nope.

He knew I was avoiding him; I knew I was avoiding him. Apart from occasional glances from him across the pool or beach we didn't interact. Unfortunately, my mother spoke to him and I did my best to dodge him in the process, honestly how many times can I forget my phone or go to the bathroom without my mother thinking I'm ill. Regardless, it was working in escaping him so I'm not completely complaining.

My mother and I were sat at the bar; she was talking to some bloke from Texas while I was checking all the messages I had missed in the past two days.

From Unknown:

Don't ignore me bitch! – A

From Unknown:

You have no idea what I am capable of. – A

From Unknown:

Turn your phone back on. – A

That last one was a bit creepy; how did A know I had turned my phone off?

From Aria:

Hey how is it in Hawaii? Bring some sun back for me babe xo

From Aria:

Did you lose your charger? You never take this long to reply xo

From Shay:

Sup girl, how's the land of the hulas? ox

I have to admit, I was a little surprised that Aria had picked up and my lack of activity on my phone but I wasn't too surprised as she is social media obsessed. I typed back a quick reply to all of them. My lie coming from the inspiration Aria gave me: 'I had lost my phone charger'. I'll have to thank her one of these days.

"Sky." I was interrupted from my thinking by my mother calling me. I turned to face her to see her on the phone with a worried look her face.

"Mom, what's going on?" I asked puzzled. She put her hand up telling me she was listening and started to walk away, each step she took making me more and more worried. I followed her calling her name catching the attention of the one and only Mr. Styles.

"Sky are you okay?" He asked speaking the first words he has spoken to me in two days.

"It's my mom she is scaring the shit out of me." I responding not caring about talking to him anymore; I am too worried about my mother on the phone and what it is about.

"Okay, it will be okay. Let's follow her." He said and we took off in the direction she walked in. We found her amidst the plants and flowers near the pool.

"Mom what's going on?" I asked getting slightly frustrated. She sighed and told the person to hold for a second.

"It's the hospital." My heart sped up. "They have your test results." Mr. Styles and I looked at each other.

"I don't think I'm ready for this." I whispered but sadly he heard stepping a few centre metres closer to me.

"Oh my god." My mother said bringing her hand up to her mouth. "She could have died, who did this to her?"

"What!" I exclaimed, not keeping this one to myself. I saw Mr. Styles tense up, putting his hand on my back and rubbing it softly.

"Okay, yes I'll tell her. Thank you doctor." With that, my mother hung up the phone and sat down on the sun bed with her head in her hands.