Chapter 43

Chapter 43

I hadn't slept, I hadn't slept at all.

What person would be able to sleep after seeing that room. I have gone over every photo a million times and I am still left with nothing. No name, no idea who this person is and now I have to go to school.

I dragged myself over to the shower, my second since coming back from that apartment, but no matter how much soap I used or ow hard I scrubbed at my skin- I still felt dirty. Knowing A had cameras installed in Harry's apartment meant that I would never fell clean again, my skin crawled just thinking about the message I got last night.

I put my hair up in a messy wet bun and threw on some old clothes. I picked up my school bag and kissed my mom on the cheek before leaving. On my way to school I went and got some coffee from the local café, hoping that it would keep me awake.

I breezed through my classes in a daze, not really absorbing any information and then it hit me that this whole situation had not only taken over my life but impacted my education. I wasn't going to pass because my mind is always on A.

English was better though, now Harry and I had finally talked I didn't dread turning up to the lesson. All the tension had faded away and I was so here for it.

"I want to see what your creative writing abilities are like, part of your exam will be to write a short story- no more than 500 words." Harry said, writing the task on the board. "I'm going to give you a list of prompts. You can start it in today's lesson."

He handed out a piece of paper with quotes and themes on it. I highlighted the ones that seemed the most interesting to me and began mindlessly writing plans. My phone buzzed in my pocket and my heart beat immediately sped up, until I saw the smile on Harry's face. I pulled out my phone and read the message.

From HES:

You look beautiful today, meet me tonight?

I tried to hide my smile, not wanting anyone and mostly him to see how happy I was in that brief moment.

To HES:

Thank you and yes.

I sent back, so this is what a good relationship with Harry is like. Who would have known? When the lesson ended I placed my things in my bag. Making sure that when I walked out of the classroom, I walked a little bit too close to him.

At the end of the day, I went back home and made myself look a little bit more presentable before going to Harry's place and even though the thought of seeing him and knowing we weren't playing any games made me happy, I still thought about the microphones and the cameras set up in Harry's room and that gave me an idea.

I wasn't just done with playing games with Harry, I was done playing with A too. I don't know why or how I didn't think of this sooner.

I knocked on Harry's door twice before he let me in, a kitchen towel draped over his shoulder, letting me know that he was cooking something. I sat down in the same room where we had spoken about our relationship.

"I want to let you know that I broke it off with Poppy." He said making me nearly choke on my water.

"You did what?" I mumbled.

"It wasn't fair on her and it wasn't fair on you." I don't know if I felt guilty or relieved- maybe a mix of both?

"I'm sorry." I said, not knowing what else to say.

"Don't be." He said, rubbing my back. "So, what did you think of the assignment today?" He asked.

"Oh, I really like it, it gives us a way to be creative but it is controlled so that we aren't completely lost." I responded.

"Thank you, do you know what you're writing about?" He questioned.

"I quite like the theme of blackmail," I said, knowing there was someone listening. "I was going to write about someone making a deal with the person they are blackmailing."

"But blackmail wasn't one of the themes?" Harry said, confused.

"Wasn't it? My mistake." I smiled and waited for the text message. About an hour later I got one.

From Unknown:

So, you want to make a deal? – A

I can't believe that worked, I excused myself and made my way into the living room hoping that there was some kind of listening or recording device in here.

"What do you want?" I asked, then waited for the text.

From Unknown:

£10,000 cash -A

"Okay." I said, wondering how the fuck someone like me was going to get that amount of cash. A few minutes later, A sent me an address and a time- I had until tomorrow at midnight to come up with ten thousand pounds! I walked back into the kitchen to see Harry serving up food.

"This looks good." I said, sitting back down next to him.

From Unknown:

Tell him and he will leave in handcuffs- A

I acted normal and went back to the dinner with Harry, hoping he wouldn't notice and that he would never find out about any of this.

A/N

I am so sorry that I haven't updated this in a while, I have been so busy and I kind of lost my way with this one. But it is ending soon since it is so long. Maybe about five chapters left?

Thank you for the continuous support I get for this story, I really appreciate it.

Also! Check out my new teen fictions- Chasing Waves, the Treat You Better series and my brand-new story Blackwood.

Hope you like it.

~Jadey6688